Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 7 stanes help
  • larrythelathe
    Free Member

Hi
    I am thinking of having a short break in around the 7 stanes.

I have 4 days ish to ride. So question is has anyone done this from down south.
    Where did you stay did you make one place your centre or stay diferent places each night?

thanks

stevewhyte
    Free Member

They are not that far apart, you can easily drive in 2 hrs to any from Dumfries.

If it was me i would drive up and do Glentress (red and Blue) and stay in peebles that night.

Then do Inners next day and drive to Dumfries.

Next Day do Mabie and Ae and drive to Newton Stewart.

Last day Do Kirro Red/Black.

I am assuming you are pretty fit, if you are mega fit (technical term) then do Mabie after Inners and add Dalbeatie with Ae.

Cheers

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

4 days – no more than 2 places maybe dumfires / galloway area and tweed valley

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

Try the search function, there are loads of threads on this subject.

Northwind

Glentress and Innerleithen are an obvious choice but unless you’ve got a bit of local knowledge it’s a wee bit of a stretch to make 4 days out of it, especially if you’re not into your downhill… And there’s not that much else immediately nearby if you’re sticking to the trail centres. Kielder isn’t that far but then it probably seems weird to folks to go to Scotland then spend a day in England 😉 Haven’t done Newcastleton myself.

(if you’ve got someone who can show you around the enduro trails, and if you can tie it in with an uplift at innerleithen and you’re into that sort of thing, then 4 days isn’t enough to do all the good stuff 😉 )

Dumfries stuff gives you more choice and a bit more variety, I don’t think Ae or Dalbeattie are as good as the others but they’re still more than good enough to be worth visiting, and you’ve got hte superb kirroughtree black and drumlanrig black, and the rather nice mabie red…

br
    Free Member

So question is has anyone done this from down south.

Only with their passport 🙂

rudedog
    Free Member

Glentress is about and hour and half from Dumfries if you wanted base yourself in one location.

athgray
    Free Member

I imagine next weekend you will have to take what you can get!

Northwind

<talking rubbish, ignore…>

Trekster

Depends on ow far South you are?
    eg how long would it take you to get to Dumfries or Peebles…use something like AA route planner 💡

Real Estate Ventures

larrythelathe
    Free Member

thanks everone, i think my forst idea of a trail centre per day is asking alot.

I geuss i am fairly fit and fat. went twice round cwn carn last week with no problems at all.

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

I am biased ,Stay in Castle Douglas; 38 mins Kirroughtree ;15 mins Dalbeattie ;35 mins Mabie and you could easily do two in one day

http://www.castle-douglas.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘7 stanes help’ is closed to new replies.