Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • 6 months on space station or submarine, which would you choose ?
  • PJM1974
    Free Member

No brainer here, space station.

Submarines smell and there’s no view, unless you’re allowed near a periscope. There’s no capacity to talk to your family on land, either.

A space station on the other hand has a peerless view, you get to float around a lot and you can talk to your mates on Earth.

Plus, only around 600 people have been in space compared to many thousands in subs.

rickmeister

Submarine,

Its nearer to Lidl and Aldi for those bargain bike offers.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I don’t think spacemen do poos, because there is no gravity so the turds never get to the rectum so you would just sit there and fart a bit.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Space – not even close to a dilemma that one

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Will Jane Fonda be in the space station too?

Probably NSFW

theflatboy
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member
    Space station. Much better view.

I don’t think she’s there all the time…

Northwind

Space station, and I can’t even believe you need to ask the question tbh. Submarines are boring.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Banter today at work…

That’s your work banter? You must clock watch.

ChrisL

My childhood was 90% Star Wars and space Lego. Even if I suffered from the worst space adaption syndrome ever I’d still want to be on the space station.

CountZero

That’s not even a sensible question! ISS in a heartbeat, I mean has the OP not seen all the photos that Cmdr Chris Hadfield took while he was up there? Just the most awesome place to be. I’m too claustrophobic to be able to go in a sub for extended periods of time; I was lucky enough to go on board a Class 42 destroyer at sea, and going below deck on that was bad enough, going down into the missile hanger was challenging in more ways than one; the thought of having to abandon ship in an emergency while down there was really scary, so many confined spaces.

gwaelod
    Free Member

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Come on, space station for sure!

The view, getting up there on a rocket and, you know, being in space should settle it straight off, before you start talking about submarines which I also suspect could be

just like being locked in a basement.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

if the covert operation was to find another atlantis type world, that was solely populated by vivacious, beautiful, naked women who enjoy nothing more than washing up and feeding strange male visitors sea grapes,…i might well choose that?

houndlegs
    Free Member

If wanmunkylung has picked one, put me down for the other one 😀

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

seriously, page 2 and no jokes about seamen? *shakes head*

cheekyboy
    Free Member

how do you flush a submarine bog with 700psi of water trying to get in?

I dont think they do anymore, we had anaerobic digesters on surface ships.

joat

Name me a famous submariner.

phil40
    Free Member

Captain Nemo

joat

Exactly!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Jacques Cousteau

Northwind

joat – Member

Captain-Lieutenant Henrich Lehmann-Willenbrock Der Alte

gwaelod
    Free Member

Steven Bowen was an astronaut who used to be a submariner

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Bowen_(astronaut)

jambalaya
    Free Member

How many kids dream of being a submariner ? Spaceship of course, the alternatives seem like asking if you’d prefer a nice cold beer on a hot day or a poke in the eye with a sharp stick !

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Captain barnacles

edhornby

consider that to get to space you need to learn russian as part of the pre-flight training. then consider the qualification requirements and the rigorous psychological assessment before that. if you’re a geek you’re gonna love it up there 🙂

mrsfry
    Free Member

Why would anyone choose ISS! It doesn’t have a proper toilet. If you want to reverse into a hole to do a number two I am sure there are cards in phone boxes that will let you do that for a low cost and lower risk of death, plus you don’t have to drink your number ones ( unless you want to). If your OH knew you had been sloshing other peoples pee in your mouth for six months, see how quickly you end up sleeping in the shed.

Bunch of oddballs.

rickmeister

Das Boot

Think he was Dutch …

BigDummy
    Free Member

Definitely the space station.

Swap out the submarine for 6 months on the Belafonte with Steve Zissou and my answer might change.

🙂

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Would love to spend six months in Apollo Creed.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Anyone else wondered why the hottie in the window is laying on a dismembered arm?

neilthewheel

Let’s level the playing field a bit:
    6 months in a sub with Kylie, or…
    6 months in the space station with Ann Widdecombe?

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Space. More to see, and would be interesting chasing your food around like a fish!

GrahamS

I love that some people would pass up the opportunity to go to space because they worry that the toilet might be a bit uncomfortable.

That’s the pioneer spirit right there 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

Excellent 🙂

Northwind

neil the wheel – Member

Let’s level the playing field a bit:

Still the space station. 6 months of failing to get off with Kylie would be worse than 6 months of not wanting to get off with Ann Widdecombe.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Would there be lots of alcohol?

GrahamS

Do you think Ann would need it sharkbait? I’m sure you’re not that bad.

sharkbait
    Free Member

😯
    😐
    😥

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I love that some people would pass up the opportunity to go to space because they worry that the toilet might be a bit uncomfortable.

That’s the pioneer spirit right there

LOL, well they do say that (one of the many) differences between Brits and Yanks is that they have a get up and go spirit because they errr.. got up and went whereas we were the ones that decided to stay behind.

Presumably that was all toilet based.

Oh and I’m a bit claustrophobic so neither really but if I had to then space is my choice.

freeagent
    Free Member

Space Station without a doubt.
    We build stuff for Navy Ships and Submarines at work – I’ve been on an Astute class Sub (whilst it was in-build) and spent a lot of time on the T45 class Destroyers over the last 8 years.
    They are cool + interesting machines, but Space would be so very much cooler.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘6 months on space station or submarine, which would you choose ?’ is closed to new replies.