• This topic has 36 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Cougar.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • 5G usb stick BS
  • Premier Icon FuzzyWuzzy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52810220

is it just me that reads that and thinks how weak are the BBC being in not making it abundantly clear it’s total snake oil?

Premier Icon Flaperon
    Free Member

Not just you. Surprised that they didn’t try to get a comment from the council or discuss the fact that there’s a possibility public money may be given to the company to “protect the whole area”.

I do have a grudging admiration for the business skills of the sellers though. I think if you’re stupid enough to buy one of these things then they’re entitled to the money, especially if it “helps you sleep better”. The pseudo-science bullshit about time dilation is pretty funny too.

Considering starting a franchise up here. I think if I put an extra crystal in it then I’ll be able to market it as protecting against 5G AND 6G and it’ll barely double the price.

Premier Icon JAG

I do have a grudging admiration for the business skills of the sellers

Absolutely this ^

If people are worried about 5G tech’ and this device helps them to feel calmer is it really wrong?

Discuss :o)

Premier Icon hols2
    Free Member

Fools and their money…

a USB key that “provides protection for your home and family, thanks to the wearable holographic nano-layer catalyser, which can be worn or placed near to a smartphone or any other electrical, radiation or EMF [electromagnetic field] emitting device”.

“Through a process of quantum oscillation, the 5GBioShield USB key balances and re-harmonises the disturbing frequencies arising from the electric fog induced by devices, such as laptops, cordless phones, wi-fi, tablets, et cetera,”

“proprietary procedure that leads to relativistic time dilation and biological quantum entanglement at the DNA level”.

Premier Icon bigyan
    Free Member

a USB key that “provides protection for your home and family, thanks to the wearable holographic nano-layer catalyser, which can be worn or placed near to a smartphone or any other electrical, radiation or EMF [electromagnetic field] emitting device”.

“Through a process of quantum oscillation, the 5GBioShield USB key balances and re-harmonises the disturbing frequencies arising from the electric fog induced by devices, such as laptops, cordless phones, wi-fi, tablets, et cetera,”

“proprietary procedure that leads to relativistic time dilation and biological quantum entanglement at the DNA level”.

If you believe that I have a turbo encabulator I am interested in selling

Premier Icon slowoldman

Had to be Glastonbury didn’t it?

Premier Icon Superficial
    Free Member

I do have a grudging admiration for the business skills of the sellers though.

100%, but only if the scammers realise their scam. If anyone along the supply chain actually believes any of this nonsense then that somehow makes it worse for me.

It’s terrifying that someone on a decision-making panel for council should recommend one of these. That itself should make it crystal (ha!) clear that they should step down. The idea that public money could have been spent on this is nauseating, though.

Premier Icon Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Scared of 5G frequency yet happily sits out in the Sun….I’m off to look down some waveguide….

Premier Icon neilforrow
    Free Member

That is some truly spot on BS.

Premier Icon maccruiskeen

Surprised that they didn’t try to get a comment from the council or discuss the fact that there’s a possibility public money may be given to the company to “protect the whole area”.

You maybe need to read the article again. One guy, neither a councillor or a council employee, expressed an opinion in an exercise that involved gathering opinions. The council aren’t required to speak on his behalf – he’s not their responsibility, the possibility that the council would act on that one opinion is pretty remote.

Premier Icon midlifecrashes

Perhaps rather than the USB solution, we could repurpose the ADE651 to establish safe zones, though specific new programme cards will be required, obviously.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADE_651

Premier Icon Flaperon
    Free Member

You maybe need to read the article again. One guy, neither a councillor or a council employee, expressed an opinion in an exercise that involved gathering opinions.

The article says:

…recommended by a member of Glastonbury Town Council’s 5G Advisory Committee, which has called for an inquiry into 5G

Seems fairly clear that this guy holds some kind of advisory role within the council, even if unpaid. That the council feels that it’s necessary to waste money on even having a committee is bad enough.

Premier Icon NewRetroTom

There was an article about Glastonbury Town Council and 5g in Private Eye recently. Some guys who work in radio frequency engineering had been asked to advise the council on the safety of 5g.
    After realising that the council was giving equal weight to loons like the guy mentioned in this article they decided they were wasting their time and withdrew their services.

Premier Icon Drac

5G balance bands.

Its a GCHQ misinformation project.

Now there’s no chemtrails, the government need 5g to control your brainwaves.

If everyone owns a neat little gadget that “protects” them from 5G, the government have successfully covered their tracks.

Premier Icon gobuchul
    Free Member

s it just me that reads that and thinks how weak are the BBC being in not making it abundantly clear it’s total snake oil?

Did you read it?

The 1st paragraph:

” A device costing more than £300 promises to protect your family from the supposed dangers of 5G, using ground-breaking quantum technology – but does it work? Of course not.”

That’s totally clear to me.

Premier Icon CountZero

Sadly, yes. There are more crystal and mystic shops per square kilometre there than anywhere else in the known universe. Lots of hippy tye-dye tat, and ribbons tied to every local tree. Didn’t stop some jackass cutting down the Holy Thorn tree, though – I’m not at all interested in it, but senseless destruction of a living tree just pisses me off.
    If I was living anywhere near there I’d be demanding an enquiry into the blatant waste of taxpayers money on such provably useless crap.

s it just me that reads that and thinks how weak are the BBC being in not making it abundantly clear it’s total snake oil?

Did you read it?

The 1st paragraph:

” A device costing more than £300 promises to protect your family from the supposed dangers of 5G, using ground-breaking quantum technology – but does it work? Of course not.”

That’s totally clear to me.

And me, I didn’t think there was anything ambivalent about that first para at all.

Premier Icon johnhe

I was totally flabbergasted by the article. Every time you think you’ve seen the stupidest thing ever, something comes along to prove you wrong. I think the proper response is to laugh about it. When I get a bit down or grumpy, the problem is that I start to worry about people like this.

Premier Icon crazy-legs

The council aren’t required to speak on his behalf – he’s not their responsibility, the possibility that the council would act on that one opinion is pretty remote.

Oh councils will “act” on behalf of all manner of weird random shit if the councillor thinks he/she is gaining any chance of getting their face in the local paper and being seen to be “doing something”. Plus an awful lot of them aren’t actually that bright either, certainly when it comes to technology.

The amount of power that some councillors (and indeed some busybody NIMBY residents who know how to bother councillors) hold is quite incredible.

Prime example recently is the inordinate amount of wasted time, effort and resources that went into trying to shut down that Velolife Café:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-50426785

One councillor, pushing their NIMBY agenda. That was all. Tens of thousands of pounds wasted.

Premier Icon Cougar

“People who are vulnerable need protection from this kind of unscrupulous trading,” he added.

People are destroying telecommunications masts in the middle of a global pandemic. “Vulnerable” isn’t the first adjective that leaps to mind about their target audience.

Premier Icon docgeoffyjones
    Free Member

The big question for me is wether or not it will interfere with my power balance band?

Premier Icon mattyfez
    Free Member

The thing that concerns me most is that Rory Cellan-Jones ‘Technology correspondent’ for the BBC thought that this was a news worthy article.

This article is far more relevant, he should probably take a leaf out of their book https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/05/28/england_covid19_contact_tracing_launch_shambles/

Premier Icon feed

Assuming the same people who fall for this rubbish are the same people attacking masts, I say, fair play, take their money 🙂

Premier Icon Jamze

Trading Standards involved now. Article’s been updated I assume?

‘Trading Standards officers are seeking to halt sales of a device that has been claimed to offer protection against the supposed dangers of 5G via use of quantum technology.

Cyber-security experts say the £339 5GBioShield appears to no more than a basic USB drive.

“We consider it to be a scam,” Stephen Knight, operations director for London Trading Standards told the BBC.

His said his team is working with City of London Police’s Action Fraud squad.

They are seeking a court order to take down the company’s website.

“People who are vulnerable need protection from this kind of unscrupulous trading,” he added.

The intervention follows an examination of the device, which was first reported by the BBC.’

Premier Icon stumpyjon

There’s enough total wack jobs holding elected council positions, a basic grasp of reality is unfortunately not a requirement. There’s way too many people in councillor roles because they have time on their hands and an axe to grind.

Premier Icon CountZero

From the spec, I reckon someone found a few dozen boxes of old flash drives and came up with a wizard wheeze to offload them to a gullible public for an insane price by feeding off of current conspiracy stories. How else would they get hold of 128Mb flash drives, which were obsolete at least ten years ago.

Premier Icon devash
    Free Member

The BBC peddle a perverse version of “impartiality” over the search for truth. I’m not surprised at this article at all.

Premier Icon dangeourbrain

How else would they get hold of 128Mb flash drives, which were obsolete at least ten years ago.

My money is on them being ones to be branded and given away free at expos/conferences that now aren’t happening. I imagine there’s about 4 billion ball point pens with enough ink to write either your first or last name but not both and a load of flavourless boiled sweets currently looking to be repurposed too.

Premier Icon Cougar

Sadly, yes. There are more crystal and mystic shops per square kilometre there than anywhere else in the known universe.

Glastonbury is a very odd place. I love it, people there are lovely and it’s one of the few towns where I’ve ever been spoiled for choice in restaurants. But driving past hotel hoardings advertising “en-suite bathrooms, comfortable beds, flat-screen TVs and holistic healing” gives me an acute case of the cognitive dissonance.

Premier Icon kimbers

They offer discounts for bulk purchases

Whose up for a group buy?

Premier Icon BoardinBob

My Mrs pal has completely bought into this 5G conspiracy nonsense. Proper mental. Sends my Mrs “evidence” every morning.

I actually have a grudging admiration for the conmen who suck in the gullible and make money out of them.

As well as the 5G conspiracy, apparently all the covid deaths are fake and this is all a ruse to collapse the global economy so we can move to one single global currency, plus we’ll all be vaccinated against Covid, which is actually a microchip from Bill Gates which will be controlled by 5G and used to assassinate anyone instantly

SHE ACTUALLY BELIEVES THAT^🤦‍♂️😂

Premier Icon oldfart

I was born and grew up in Glastonbury, emigrated 2 miles down the road when I got married 40 odd years ago. Nothing surprises me in the town. I could see the Tor from my bedroom window, trust me never once felt any vibrations and as for Ley Lines, don’t get me started! I delivered post in the High Street for donkeys years, never ceased to amaze me the crap shops were selling and how much they charged for it! But again like this latest wheeze I try and tell myself if people are dumb or gullible enough carry on. Some of the things I’ve seen over the years I could right a book.
    Don’t forget this is the town that “hosted” Piers Corbyn twice recently, invited by the 5G conspiracy freaks along with the loons from the Flat Earth Society 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 Now he reckons Coronavirus doesn’t exist, apparently its a Government conspiracy to inject us all with Microchips? 🤔🤔🤔🤔
    This is a town where one day in one of the churchyards I saw a woman dressed as a witch stood by a cauldron babbling some nonsense or other. I shook my head carried on up the road only to see an “alternative” type walking down her way with a goat on a lead and trust me the noises the goat was making told me he wasn’t best pleased! 🙄
    Thinking about it maybe I should write that book! 😎

Premier Icon welshfarmer

Maybe it is these guys again. And don’t think it is just hippies and nutters who fall for this kind of scam marketing – governments around the world fell for this one!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29459896

Premier Icon Cougar

which is actually a microchip from Bill Gates

Bill Gates, the man currently on a mission to give away 95% of his wealth to charity and hasn’t had anything to do with Microsoft or technology in general for well over a decade, that Bill Gates?

I’d say “you couldn’t make this stuff up,” but clearly someone can! Good grief.

Premier Icon Cougar

Maybe it is these guys again. And don’t think it is just hippies and nutters who fall for this kind of scam marketing – governments around the world fell for this one!

You’ve got to admire just a little the genius of fake bomb detectors. Like, they’re not going to get many refund requests are they.

Premier Icon CountZero

@welshfarmer – you know what, I was thinking exactly the same thing! I couldn’t remember the name of the bloke behind it, but the methodology is eerily similar.
    Not too surprising that Piers Corbyn and his Flat Earth/C19/5G buddies were in Glastonbury, the place has a magnetic attraction for them.
    Like Cougar, I like the town, and it’s surrounding countryside, but the amount of expensive tat on sale is just sad.

Premier Icon Cougar

Not too surprising that Piers Corbyn and his Flat Earth/C19/5G buddies were in Glastonbury, the place has a magnetic attraction for them.

That’ll be the ley lines.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘5G usb stick BS’ is closed to new replies.