• This topic has 157 replies, 69 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 38 posts - 121 through 158 (of 158 total)
  • 5 – 6" travel frames?
  • tinsy
    Free Member

Is the bottlerocket broken?

Surprised you have not been offered a deal to good to resist through this thread to be honest.

cant really help, but, my old devinci was a nice strong 6″ coil sprung bike do they have anything like a guzzler in the line up these days?

theyre amazing! Im totally blown away by there company they are selling a mint looking dh Bike that I saw all over Austria this summer with a Rockshox vivid shock, boxxers, avid brakes, truvativ componentry, sram x9 gears FOR £1800!!!!!!!!

Check them out at :-

http://www.yt-industries.com/en/

Plus I emailed them last night and I have already received a reply.

Can you tell that I am totally sold on them?

jedi

nah its not broken but battered. 🙂 only had it 3-4months

mrblobby
    Free Member

Lots of top choices here. Just wondering if any decision has been made…?

jedi

not yet. i’m waiting on a couple of prices 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Curious to know what you’ve narrowed it down to… or could divulging that info jeopardise commercial negotiations…?

joolsburger
    Free Member

What about some kind of Morewood maybe a Zama?

jedi

i quite like the butcher. maybe a yt industries or may get the corperate rocket resprayed and ride it til it dies 🙂

forgotmename
    Free Member

Tone have you had a look at the Foes fxr? thats a strong bike.

jedi

gaz, no i havent…..runs off to look

jedi

imported by balfa?

forgotmename
    Free Member

Yea balfa, good guys to deal with too.

jedi

cool. emailed them 🙂

backhander
    Free Member

Tony, if you like the butcher, check out the knolly endorphin.
    The BC boys swear by them and I happen to know the distributor has some on offer!
    Send me a mail and I’ll forward you his email addy.

jedi

i have emailed knowle yesterday 🙂

backhander
    Free Member

I have a medium endo you’re welcome to ride if you’re ever down this way (Bristol).

jedi

i rode my mates one at herts when he was down.
    i’m looking for a direct competitor to the bottlerocket

backhander
    Free Member

I’d look at the new chilcotin if I were you.

jedi

from knolly?

backhander
    Free Member

Yep.

backhander
    Free Member

Possibly ask Noel very very nicely if you can have one of the “team only” endorphin slopestyles used for all the jump/park stuff.

jedi

hhmmmm

v10
    Free Member

Nukeproof Mega?

Ive ordered one up to do pretty much everything your looking at doing for when my little AMR isnt upto the job. Just cant justify having a full dh bike this year but having ridden our proto one this will more than suffice 😀

drop me an email if it floats your boat: luke@hotlines-uk.com

jedi

never seen one… goes off to look

ooooohhhhh

v10
    Free Member

STW boys here had a look at one a few weeks ago:

Clicky

Pagey has been thrashing the crap out of one of the proto’s for months now and its been faultless.

beagle
    Free Member

I’d defo have a look at the Chilcotin. I’ve had an Endo, built up with lyriks, 1×9 etc for a while and it’s been awesome.

Seems like people were building endos burly or trying to get an xc whippet out of them. Knolly have put 2 bikes either side of the endo now – endo sl and Chilcotin. A light build delirium may work for you too Jedi. The 4×4 linkage climbs really well. A 170mm lyrik would be sweet on that!

attractivefish
    Free Member

Foes FXR is a good choice, i have got a 06 FXR with ti spring curnutt and love it, not the cheapest option in the world but rides amazingly, mine gets used for everything from days on the DH track, the odd uplift day, XC rides, I even rode the Clic 24hr this year on it albeit in a team.

iceman8
    Free Member

Bit of a thread revival but I’ve got a project nemesis double agent frame if you are still looking? Only 10 built exclusively for the project nemesis slopestyle team? Sounds pretty much like what you are looking for…

jedi

new?

iceman8
    Free Member

No, but in good condition as I very rarely use it due to being at uni/having a DH bike. I can fire over some photos if you are interested?

ash

Nukeproof Mega looks 100% of ace. Totally sorted angles.

jedi

i’m only after new as its for my coaching and riding. is the mega 1.5 head tube?

ash

Yes. 44mm internal diameter headtube.

(Nukeproof do a variety of headsets which will allow you to fit any fork… 1.5″, 1.125″ or tapered)

jedi

i’m getting excited about choosing a new frame. i havent had a new frame in 6years

Valleyboy
    Free Member

i just picked up my new Cove G Spot on saturday, took it to the local woods on Sunday and then to Hamsterley downhill on Sunday, it was ace, set it up with a pair of U turn Lyrics and mainly SLX group-set weighed in at 33lbs fully built.

The bike is amazing, i didn’t want an out and out downhill bike as i like riding up as well as down and it didn’t disapoint at all, amazing over the rock gardens and handled all the drops i threw at it, running it with the air rear shock at the moment i’ve read on a few forums that they aren’t the best and a bit difficult to set up but didn’t have any problems at all. Wound down the forks and peddled back up to the top.

First impressions are very encouraging, really think could ride the bike all day or take it down any downhill course without any problems at all

Cheers

Nick

carbon337
    Free Member

pics Nick?

jedi

yeah i like the gspot too

jedi
Viewing 38 posts - 121 through 158 (of 158 total)

The topic ‘5 – 6" travel frames?’ is closed to new replies.