Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 36!
  • bennyh09
    Free Member

what are the floats like for climbing… is it worth the extra money to go for the talas'… ?

charlierevell
    Free Member

Do it… you'll love it!
    I've got the talas too…. means you can drop the front a bit for really steep (or boring) stuff.
    Weight is just right to keep it on the ground when going up the good stuff!

chakaping
    Free Member

Depends on your bike whether you need the Talas, I reckon.

Did on my Yeti 575, don't really need to drop the travel on my Reign.

Would buy a Float if choosing again now.

bennyh09
    Free Member

whats the difference between the talas R and RLC, apart from the latter having the new FIT cartridge…

chakaping
    Free Member

Do you mean the R and the RC2?

The RC2 has adjustable low and high speed compression damping.

The R just has rebound adjust.

Unless they've changed the features and there's now a 36 RLC of course.

james
    Free Member

"the difference between the talas R and RLC"

R = Rebound adjuster
    RLC = Rebound, Lockout and Compression damping adjustments
    RC2 = Rebound, Low and High Speed Compression adjustments

As far as I know

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I also think it does probably depend on the bike/frame, but despite that, personally I would always go for Talas. I used to have the 32 Talas with 15 clicks of adjustment and that was a pain in the arse and I hated using it, but the new generation of fox Talas forks are much more user friendly IMO. It's now basically an easy adjustment and just up or down (with a setting inbetween). I've also used the 36s Talas on a 5" travel frame with the forks permanently set at 130mm, my point being that in theory you could use the 36ers on a 5" or 6" frame (even a 4" !), so it makes them a bit more versatile if you might swap them around onto other builds. IMO the 36ers are noticably stiffer and plusher (but that's not necessarily now the case with the new 32 15mm bolt thru stuff).

grumm
    Free Member

Not tried the floats but my new 36 van RC2s are bloody incredible!

Onzadog
    Free Member

I've got the Van RC2. i've never felt the need for adjustable travel (on the occasions I've ridden a bike with it, I always forget to use it or use it for one up and forget to put it right for the next down).

If I was shopping again, I'd get the Float R (they didn't do a float 36 when I got mine and I don't really think I make much use of the RC2 features)

petefromearth

i've had a couple of sets of talas's (albeit it a few years back) but i found them very annoying. you get them set up ok, change the travel, and then you need to fiddle with the rebound etc again, which kinda makes travel adjust a bit pointless. i can't stand fiddling with stuff while riding! plenty of people like them so maybe i was doing something wrong, but i reckon simple is best

schrickvr6
    Free Member

IMO Talas feel rubbish compared to Floats and Vans.

bennyh09
    Free Member

how are they for climbing??

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Talas – least plush
    Vanilla – most plush
    Float – quite plush and lighter than Vanilla

dasnut
    Free Member

if you don't want the plushness of a coil, its floats everytime over talas

I mean who mcuks around with their suspension at every change in gradient anyway?

If they did fixed travel coil pikes, would they sell more than the coil u-turn ones?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘36!’ is closed to new replies.