Viewing 37 posts - 121 through 157 (of 157 total)
  • 2nd hand bike purchase help !
  • kaiser
    Free Member

renton ..probably your best course of action would be to change your STW name etc and start afresh as although i personally don’t get involved in winding people up or arguing much on here ( been a member for 12 years )it appears you get targeted for whatever reasons .As people have said you win some and you lose some when buying 2nd hand and disappointment is sometimes to be expected when buying blind . I expect the freehub will turn up and if not it’s not the end of the world . If you don’t want the risk of possible disappointment i’d suggest buying new like many do but even then things go wrong. It’s the way of the world.

piemonster

Brilliant thread, thank you.

And a reminder to be thankful that the worst of my idiocy was confined to pre internet days.

Mostly.

renton
    Free Member

renton ..probably your best course of action would be to change your STW name etc and start afresh as although i personally don’t get involved in winding people up or arguing much on here ( been a member for 12 years )it appears you get targeted for whatever reasons

Why should I change my username just to please all the people on here that like to do nothing more but to reply to threads to wind folk up.

Yes you are right I do seem to get the brunt of it …. Am I bothered …. Sometimes yes maybe but not always.

It used to be a good forum this as far as the biking community goes now it seems it’s full of folk like them that have posted on here.

Yes I like to change my bikes quite often, where’s the harm in that. I don’t see any ?

Yes I might of took the piss a bit on the bike I bought from pops, I’ve held my hands up to that. Nobody is perfect.

I’m up for a good bit of banter but as you can see from this thread it’s all turned a bit nasty really.

I’ve got people messaging me calling me the c word ….. Absolutely no need for that what so ever.

I wear my heart on my sleeve. If people want to take the piss then so be it.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

I’m with you Renton , just re-read your original post and can’t see what you have done to deserve all the abuse , I know you have a bit of ” previous ” but it’s totally over the top . It doesn’t even have to be about the money , it’s the principle and if the seller agreed to replace it then he should do that . I’m not to sure what you can do if he doesn’t though . As you paid by PayPal could you not raise a PayPal dispute for £25 and just order the freehub yourself .

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Why should I change my username just to please all the people on here that like to do nothing more but to reply to threads to wind folk up.

You wouldn’t be pleasing them, you’d be helping yourself I’d imagine.

Yes you are right I do seem to get the brunt of it

Because people put the bait out, and you bite.

I’ve got people messaging me calling me the c word ….. Absolutely no need for that what so ever.

Agree, absolutely no need. Pathetic forum users hidden behind an online alias.

weeksy

.It used to be a good forum this as far as the biking community goes now it seems it’s full of folk like them that have posted on here

After all the help I’ve seen in the last few years and people being gifted bikes, people fixing cars and people being dragged out of depression etc, I’m simply not having that at all.

Fwiw, just because i completely disagreed with you, doesn’t make either of us bad people, just different to each other.

jonnyboi

Can’t believe I missed this thread, top fun after a tough day. Thanks guys

singlespeedstu

It used to be a good forum this as far as the biking community goes now it seems it’s full of folk like them that have posted on here

The piss taking on here now is nowhere near as bad as it used to be and I see a fair bit of stuff being given away and good advice given.

renton
    Free Member

Fwiw, just because i completely disagreed with you, doesn’t make either of us bad people, just different to each other.

Weeksy it wasn’t aimed at you dude , not sure if you remember lending me your machine polisher a few years back at all ??

renton
    Free Member

Here is the bike in question…

It’s my eldest lads first MTB and he is dead excited about getting out riding with me. Sort of makes all the abuse worthwhile.

His younger brother who’s birthday is first is also getting his first MTB too………

Cheers.

Steve.

matt_outandabout

Do you have the lumi one still as well? A satisfying rainbow of Whytes.

renton
    Free Member

Yep still have it Matt…

weeksy

I have to admit, i didn’t know I’d lent it to you, do you need it again?
    You can still have it.

renton
    Free Member

No mate I’ve bought one since. I had a Mazda at the time and you suggested giving it a good polish before selling it of i remember.

I was over at the pub by yours the other day picking some bits up off cokie.

iainc

Nice looking bikes, though perhaps a trio of Spesh’s would suit you all better ?…….. 😀

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No, it was you that started sending PM’s remember, no one sent you a message.

Have a think before you post, don’t do it hungover, and don’t take the piss and rip people off, like you did with your last classifieds purchase.

This is a great forum, I’ve met some proper good mates in here, so don’t blame this place for your indiscretions.

Oh, and top trolling Mr Taylforth, as ever!

renton
    Free Member

No beer.

I’m not denying sending the first message but are you staying that I didn’t receive the one back calling me the c word. It’s all there on page two or three of this farce. My posts were quite amicable to him of you read it.

If you read this thread it mostly people jumping on the bandwagon to piss take with the odd sensible answer.

This place is still good at times. However read my last few threads on here. A lot of them are full of people again taking the pee.

weeksy

However read my last few threads on here. A lot of them are full of people again taking the pee

Look at it again from the outside.. How many of the issues could be argued are by your postings before that ? I don’t actually know the threads in question, but i am a very frequent forum poster on other places, one in particular i will reach 50,000 posts in the next few weeks.
    Now, where i’m going with this is, that back several years ago i had a bit of a reputation on various forums, for my attitude, arrogance etc. Which meant that various threads i posted trying to get answers i wanted were met with derision instead of serious answer. I’m not saying you’re arrogant etc, but could your previous postings be influential on peoples responses and replies ?

renton
    Free Member

I’m actually getting a bit depressed by all of this now to be honest.

Maybe it’s time I come off the forum.

Nice one guys.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Sorry to be sensible on a comedy thread, but…

It looks like a nice bike. Pay the £25; if you get a spare then you’re up on the deal.

Did you chip at the price at all when you bought it? Maybe the seller thinks you’ve had enough off him.

iainc

renton – you come across as a decent person, but you do kind of set yourself up to some banter, especially based on a few posts that have maybe gone in not a great direction. There are many great folk on here, some of whom have a sharp sense of humour, which they enjoy using. Nobeer, for example, top bloke, have known him for years, caring and decent…..but, he’ll rip the piss out of me every opportunity …. The difference I guess is knowing what is banter and what is nasty. Sometime you have to just let a thread go, I have been there myself.

Anyway, how about a stw Central Scotland type ride soon (I recall you are/were in NE ?), get a few of us together for proper chat and ride ?

tomhoward

russyh
    Free Member

Renton, no one deserves to feel bad away from a forum. I am genuinely sorry you may have lost £25 over a freehub issue. Whilst I admit I often giggled at the bike “swap” piss taking and calling Renton to the forum. I lost a little respect over the buying a frame from Pop and then selling so quickly on for a profit. Whilst i’m sure that incident is not completely clear cut (please don’t start PM me) I don’t think you shrouded your self in glory. Starting to PM people on here directly was also a massive own goal fella. That said I would be disappointed if you left the forum as your threads are normally good sport.

theocb
    Free Member

Continually picking on someone is not banter, it’s bullying.

‘WE’ don’t like bullying on here, so lay off or **** off.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Well Said sir .

iainc

^^^^^ there is a difference for sure, as I said :

The difference I guess is knowing what is banter and what is nasty

I haven’t read all 5 pages of this one in detail.

Always difficult to gauge how things are received in posts/emails etc though.

tomhoward

Thing is, most folk are simply responding to the Thread, and the OP doesn’t like/agree with the responses, as is often the case from what I’ve seen. The OP then goes on the defensive, often deciding that attack is the best form of defence (as we’ve seen here, or not, thanks to the PM function) and adopted a ‘if you aren’t helping or agreeing, then you are bullying’ stance

The above, IMO, isn’t bullying.

The ‘help me or **** off’ attitude doesn’t help either.

So as not to incur the OPs rath on PM assuming he’s not airborne yet, as others have said, on balance I think he’s ordered it but it’s been tied up in Evans order system, might be stuck internally. The seller was not legally obliged to help, but has. Cut him some slack. You say the freehub was noisy when you got it, but is now knackered. Given that it’s for a present in may, so shouldn’t have been ridden, what have you done to it in the mean time?

If you want new, buy new.

Shit, I’ve not agreed with you, guess I will incur your displeasure after all.

singlespeedstu

Thing is, most folk are simply responding to the Thread, and the OP doesn’t like/agree with the responses, as is often the case from what I’ve seen. The OP then goes on the defensive, often deciding that attack is the best form of defence (as we’ve seen here, or not, thanks to the PM function) and adopted a ‘if you aren’t helping or agreeing, then you are bullying’ stance

I think that sums it up.
    There are a few of folks on here that seem to claim bullying/trolling from anyone that doesn’t agree with them.

tazzymtb

There are a few of folks on here that seem to claim bullying/trolling from anyone that doesn’t agree with them.

I quite like it from you Stu, but that’s because you treat me mean and make me wear my gimp outfit at weekends. 😀

and to be honest I do derive a guilty pleasure from the Renton acts like Mr bean over another wrong bike purchase saga that regularly occurs, as it makes any bike based cock up I’ve ever done, pale into insignificance

So thank you Renton, by being an epic dobber, you bring joy to others, that’s a gift you should be proud of.

tazzymtb

I am a nice chap as those who have met me should confirm

ahem, Pop, is mellow chap and yet he didn’t run out of expletives for a least an hour when I was riding with him after your meeting, in fact he was still making a squadie sound like a rather fey poet by the time we had got back to the cars some hours later 😆

andy10011
    Free Member

Sup guys

cloudnine
    Free Member

Is the freehub fixed yet?
    Get your lads bike fixed as it’s sunny and it’s the holidays.. And can people remember to use the appropriate emoticon / smiley face

duckman

Flip side of that would be that a number of posters on here bait him on every thread he posts;playground bullying pure and simple. Or make an annual visit to make up shit like Andy10011.You claim he offered to fight you,why dont you report it to the mods?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Is the freehub fixed yet?

+1 I wanna know

gonzy
    Free Member

there must be an update by now surely

weeksy

gonzy – Member

there must be an update by now surely

Not convinced dragging up a dead thread was really a bright idea.

Gary_M
    Free Member

How did I miss this last week, this is ridiculous.

I don’t think renton is being bullied, just having the piss taken out of him which I guess by his PM’s is something he really can’t take. But posting things on a forum I guess you need to be prepared for responses you might not like.

This andy10011 comes across as a total fanny though – is he the guy that sold renton the bike, I’m confused.

Hope you get it sorted renton and your son has a great birthday.

Viewing 37 posts - 121 through 157 (of 157 total)

The topic ‘2nd hand bike purchase help !’ is closed to new replies.