Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 2k 650b slack HT or FS and 26+
  • pipiom
    Free Member

Has anyone succeeded in achieving the above:

Would like reasonable weight ie sub 30lb

Frame only/ full bike, any ideas appreciated.

Would like something playful and mild Enduro-Worthy (140mm suss ish)

2k ish spends

Aggro hard tail or full suss ideas if you please.

Sunday breakfast new bike dreaming

shindiggy
    Free Member

I’m just building a production shan, costing £1600 for frame, forks and wheels. Rest of the kit I’m transferring from my current bike.

jimjam
    Free Member

Unless you’re young of knee, loose of hip and have a death wish a full sus will be much quicker on all but the smoothest trails. Good for winter though. I’d probably be looking at something like a Specialized Enduro or Stumpjumper Evo etc. Both of which can easily be had for 2k as complete bikes.

pipiom
    Free Member

Shindiggy how’s about the 26+ idea…is anyone selling em?

Is it feasible?

welshfarmer

How about a Mondraker Dune?

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1839000/

Being sold by a good friend and riding buddy

d45yth
    Free Member

The Surly Instigator 2.0 is 26+. I think Ison are even selling an ex-demo or display model, I can’t remember which.

pigyn
    Free Member

Transition TransAM 27.5

Aggro, pretty cheap, stealth routing.

2016 full bike is £1500 or I know somewhere selling 2015 frames for £399…

deviant
    Free Member

For 2k you can pretty much build whatever HT you like, go cheap with a Dartmoor Hornet frame for £185 and then adorn it with £800 new Fox 36’s, Hope/Flox-Ex wheelset, Renthal bars, stem and chain ring, XT everything else (11 speed naturally)…. It’d be awesome and light as the Hornet is Alu….but depending on how much of a snob you are the cheap frame may nag away at you?!

….or go crazy with the frame and buy a Curtis for £1000 but then have to budget with the remaining 1k for a lesser fork, probably a Superstar wheelset, likely 2×10 Deore/SLX groupset etc….

I’d do something in the middle, frame by Stanton, Pikes up front, Stan’s/Hope wheels, Funn cockpit (their stems, bars etc are great), XT brakes and 11 speed running gear….sorted…and probably change left over for some uplift days.

pipiom
    Free Member

So nobody got info on the 26+ wheels/tyres…..and associated issues to look out for??

jimjam
    Free Member

pipiom – Member

So nobody got info on the 26+ wheels/tyres…..and associated issues to look out for??

You can run a 27.5 wheel and tyre in a 26″ Fox 36. Or you could just run a 26″ Fat Albert. They size up simialr to a 2.7 Maxxis. How much more + would you want to go?

pipiom
    Free Member

Cheers guys

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘2k 650b slack HT or FS and 26+’ is closed to new replies.