Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2014 rockshox dual position
  • methers27
    Free Member

Has anyone used a 2014 rockshox fork with dual position system? I am intrigued as to wether they are useable at both travel heights or if it is still a case of too soft on the lower function

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Feel entirely the same at both settings.

methers27
    Free Member

Thanks
    What forks have you been using?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Pikes!

torihada
    Free Member

I have a set of Air DP Lyriks which I converted to coil. I found the DP unreliable (they failed twice). I have a set of 140mm Talas 32. I’ve just converted them to straight 140mm float due to Talas failure (again twice). I was thinking about a set of DP Pikes but I’m again concerned about reliability on DP air forks. I think with the dual air position forks you need to service them according to Rockshox & Fox’s timetables (if you ride regularly, probably monthly? rather than my reckless annual service)

jairaj

How old were the Lyriks you tried?

Don’t have personal experience of dual position but from reading around seems the initial version of Rock Shox’s Dual position system was rubbish but they have improved around 2012 (I think). Haven’t read many recent stories of people complaining about the dual air system.

torihada
    Free Member

jairaj – Member

How old were the Lyriks you tried?

Don’t have personal experience of dual position but from reading around seems the initial version of Rock Shox’s Dual position system was rubbish but they have improved around 2012 (I think). Haven’t read many recent stories of people complaining about the dual air system.

I think you’re right. They’re the 08 Model that came stock on the Trek Remedy. Jeez, just realised they’re coming up 6 yrs old.

jairaj

That was around the time were you would read a lot of complaints.

As said I think recent forks are much much better. I don’t think I’ve much bad things if any, about the newer dual position forks.

gt900uk
    Free Member

Yep from reading around the old system was 2 step and had issues. The newer dual position is pretty good from what I have read.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2014 rockshox dual position’ is closed to new replies.