Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • 2013 STW Birmingham Urban MTB
  • jamj1974

st – Member
    Jay, yes that’s me :o)

Cool! Everything good?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Looks fun!

I_Ache
    Free Member

st: Am i right in thinking your involved in the New St Station build?

Are there any quiet times? 😆

rOcKeTdOg

I’m too old, if we got caught riding through the mailbox I’d get done as the “responsible adult”

I_Ache
    Free Member

Don’t get caught then.

winch
    Free Member

So far we have 5 for Thursday the 1st… any more takers?

Get your vote in.

dibboid
    Free Member

Will this deffo happen unlike the massive fail for the meet at Sandwell Valley?

winch
    Free Member

I’m away until Monday now so won’t be on this thread. I guess we should give it a bit more time to see if anyone else is interested, but from the looks of it at the moment it’s still going to be the 1st…

st

Jay, , yes good thanks, still just mincing around the Chase. You?

L ache, ;o)

jamj1974

Yes still mincing. When I ride some of the Monkey especially – reminds me of the old routes we did on all-dayers!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Bump

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Any thoughts on route yet?

I_Ache
    Free Member

We just rode around last time and people had ideas where to go. There was a plan at one point to ride up the canal to Birmingham uni and mess about on the steps and wall drops. I still fancy this.

There were also ideas about riding through big tunnels, the queensway would be great if we could get access.

mattk
    Free Member

I’m definitely up for razzing through the queensway. I don’t imagine it’ll be closed again for many years so this is too good an opportunity to pass up.

Plus it’ll look ace on the video!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Queensway would be great but I am a little worried about it being locked down or have overnight working. If we can get in there it will be great, we won’t get another chance that’s for sure.

Does anybody else have a GoPro?

winch
    Free Member

So looks like we’re on for plan A,

7.30pm at the Bullring Bull this Thursday.

I_Ache, my number is the same if you need to play catch up.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Looks like it could be a wet one. http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2655603

winch
    Free Member

^ Dry and sunny according to that weather forecast ^ ??

26 degrees at start time not warm enough for you?!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Haha I looked at today by mistake! Yeah looks good weather.

ndg
    Free Member

Oh man, of to Wales Friday, and sorting Mates wheels out as tubeless so can’t do tomorrow…..

Next time, next time.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

My plans to attend have been scuppered by an evening meeting at 7:30, sorry guys.

winch
    Free Member

Who is still keen for this tomorrow? If it’s only a couple of us maybe we should rearrange it

I_Ache
    Free Member

I am going to have to pull out due to having to secure my shed a bit more thanks to the thieving scumbags that broke in and nicked my chainsaw. Luckily my bikes weren’t there but I’m on holiday next week so want to get it secured so its not easy for them to come back and have my tools. I’ve got some barbed wire to go between the trees where they got into the garden which might be a nice surprise for them.

winch
    Free Member

Oh dear, I’d be leaving those tools in the house while you’re away I_Ache.

winch
    Free Member

Since 3 of the 5 that were coming have now pulled out, I suggest we postpone the ride. Next one I can do is the 29th, but if anyone else wants to organise something before that then feel free to!

I_Ache
    Free Member

29th should be fine for me.

A lot of the tools are in a bloody heavy tool chest that I can lock but two could probably just about carry it. I’m probably going to bring my drill and small tool box inside tho.

I have just been to Wickes and bought a new lock and new hinges. They will have to break the door down to get through these. I’m going to put about a million extra screws into the roof joint to make it even harder for them to pull that off. Its quite a robust shed so they will have to make a hell of a lot of noise knocking the door down or a load of leverage getting the roof off. I have tried to get the roof off from the inside and I couldn’t.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘2013 STW Birmingham Urban MTB’ is closed to new replies.