Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • 2 weeks to lose inches from waistline.
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

As my girls are going away for 2 weeks I’ll have time and opportunity to take care of myself. Need to lose some 5 inches from my waist, how do I start? Diet – check, bike – check, anything else?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Weight training?

molgrips
    Free Member

5 inches in 2 weeks – not possible I reckon. Although depends on how fat you are to begin with I suppose.

Spud

Ratchet straps?

donsimon
    Free Member

Little Henry.
    Stanley knife.
    TCP?

sobriety
    Free Member

TCP?

Nah, potcheen’ll do

molgrips
    Free Member

I couldn’t find the clip from Red Dwarf where they swap bodies and Rimmer in Lister’s body wears a girdle, so you’ll have to imagine it.

Keva
    Free Member

stop eating and start running, not very healthy though and you’ll start to feel sick and tired pretty quickly.

Kev

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Dysentery?

richc
    Free Member

picolax

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

iDiet and train 3 times a day.

Weights, intervals and swimming during the week. With a stretching/ core session each evening.

Long rides at whatever pace you fancy at the weekend.

morgs
    Free Member

sprints on the treadmill. helps out with general fitness too (say’s a very guilty morgs for not sprint training at all in the last month and feeling it around the middle)

duntstick
    Free Member

Coke and hookers 😈

molgrips
    Free Member

I reckon at the very best you could lose half to one stone.. that won’t mean 5 inches from the waist tho…

TooTall
    Free Member

Work on your posture, and

control tights

HTH

Hairychested
    Free Member

Shame, I’ll stick to beans during the day and single malt in the evenings then.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Molly is probably right on this one.. but give it a go! Losing half a stone in itself is an awesome achievement.

He’s also right regarding your start point too… if 5 inches brings you down to say a 31 inch waist you’re looking at more like 6 months of pretty serious exercise.

Stop drinking beer / cider.

cynic-al
    Free Member

MW has it, only way iss a bout of a proper illness.

carbon337
    Free Member

what about those miracle pants women wear?

Hairychested
    Free Member
    molgrips
    Free Member

Eat a pound of raw sausages. That’ll do it.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Long periods of low intensity exercise

Hairychested
    Free Member

@HH, such as what? Walking or drinking coffee? I’m either bone lazy or very active, find it hard to stay in between.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I lost about 3″ in 2 weeks on iDave, and i was only a (tight) 36″ trouser to start with, now an Ok 34″.

Diet, follow it religiously, no cheeting

Every weekday evening: Join a Gym that does classes, no not spinning, you can do that easily, Zumba, body combat, pump, etc, if it’s easy then it’s not working, yoga/pilates count, but do some cardio afterwards.

Every weekday morning either swimming or rowing. Swimming, stick to simple drills like, 150m crawl warmup, 75m Bstroke, 75m Bstroke fast, 75m crawl, 75m crawl fast. Repeat for 30 minutes. Rowing, with a HRM row at a pace you can maintain for a while (slower than you think) then keep going as long as you can, rest for 2 minutes, then go again, keep going untill the total time is 30 minutes, the next day, row further in 30 minutes, etc.

Ride to work, if you have any energy left after that, ride into work.

Posture, breathe all the way in. Suck your belly in. Exhale out about halfway. Breathe like this for 3 minutes. Practice this whenever your not doing anything (bus stop, watchign tv, waiting for a pan to boil etc)

iDave
    Free Member

I assume it took more than 2 weeks to gain 5 inches?

It can be done, but you wouldn’t want to follow the suggested regime.

molgrips
    Free Member

HC, walking is great but I reckon you’ll need to be doing 10 hours a week to see any change, and definitely not 5″ in two weeks.

iDave – is your new business liposuction?

Hairychested
    Free Member

iDave, would you care to suggest it?
    [Top Gear]What could possibly go wrong?[/Top Gear]

molgrips
    Free Member

Does it involve cling film?

xiphon
    Free Member

I don’t think networking will help somehow…

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘2 weeks to lose inches from waistline.’ is closed to new replies.