Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • 11spd xt m8000 groupset from crc
  • dirtyboy

Anyone received theirs yet? ordered it flinkin ages ago

daver27
    Free Member

Didn’t think it was available till the end of this month. Think you’ll be waiting a while longer yet

dirtyboy

Waaaaaah! 😥 and i have a capra on order waaaaaaah! i dont wanna wait for nuffink gimme gimme

scotroutes

I have everything except the Boost cranks.

augustuswindsock

Oh no, I’ve just ordered mine from lbs, I though it was out now, I’m sure 18bikes are saying they’re available?

kendo954
    Free Member

crc not got it yet?

I got mine from a small (one man) repair shop in Belfast 2 weeks back.

Surprised he has it before them…

scotroutes

My bits all came from Evans (thanks Tesco)

Goldigger
    Free Member

Showing available at Merlin’s

Onzadog
    Free Member

Quick question for those who have the cassette already.

Is the alu top sprocket detachable? If they were available separately, could they be replaced if the rest of the cassette was still good?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

can anyone explain what the deal is with older rear wheel hubs (specifically old pro2) and 11 speed. Is it a new wheel as well as all the other bits?. I’m reading different info on the net, dependant on whether it’s road bike or mtb, can’t quite find a definitive answer. I’m thinking of finally upgrading from 9 speed

simondbarnes

can anyone explain what the deal is with older rear wheel hubs

Any 8/9/10 spd rear hub will work with a Shimano MTB cassette.

11spd road needs a longer freehub body.

ferrals
    Free Member

Is there a weight for the cranks anywhere? Can’t find anything by googling?
    And does anyone know if an xtr chainring would fit with the xt cranks (want 36t probably) edit. Basic googling says it does 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

cheers SDB, same with Sram mtb? I quite like the look of their GX set with black cassette.

simondbarnes

same with Sram mtb?

No, all of their 11spd mtb cassettes need a hub with an XD driver – this is how they’ve managed to produce a cassette with a 10t sprocket.

alpineharry
    Free Member

Daft question, living in the past…, will the 11spd chainset work with a 10spd setup?

dickie
    Free Member

CRC told me September for 1 x 11 (11-42)
    Merlin do not have 11-42 cassette.

lawman91

Got my XT stuff from Tweeks Cycles, got 11-42t cassettes and most other bits aside some cranks in stock. Most LBS’s who have a Madison account should have theirs by now or be able to get hold of it pretty easily. The likes of CRC, Merlin etc who buy “grey” market seem to have been caught out on this one. Nice to see the big guys losing out for once and LBS’s coming up trumps. Sure it might be a few quid more but you’ll get it there and then or within days. Nuff said IMO.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Evans have 11-42 cassettes in stock £68

Anyone know if we can’t use the double on a 5, assuming it’s a frig a tripple job..

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

What lawman said, why not just get it from a genuine source like errrr your lbs.

🙄

julzm
    Free Member

To answer a few queries – just had my first ride on the full set up tonight.

The Alu sprocket cannot be detached.

XTR chain rings do fit the crankset as they are both 96bcd.
    I fitted XTR shifter because for £30 more it’s very worth it.
    Very simple to install and set up.

The shifting is very close because it’s a different set of ratios from SRAM 1×11. I felt like I hadn’t changed gears at times, when I had – I’m used to running SRAM 1×11. Weirdly 32×42 (I.e. Lowest gear) on XT feels slightly different from SRAM. It’s a very quiet set up too.

Initial impressions are very good and I can’t fault the value.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Julzm, thank you for the answers.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

alpineharry – Member
    Daft question, living in the past…, will the 11spd chainset work with a 10spd setup?

Should do as most NW rings are 10/11sp compatible, the 2x not so sure but the bigger question is unless you are desperate for the latest thing why bother, just get a 10sp.

Buzzard
    Free Member

JULZM – does that mean that the new XTR and the XT M8000 are compatible and interchangeable? I was under the impression they weren’t for some reason..

nemesis
    Free Member

Presumably you need a medium length mech for 11-42 (ie I can’t use my existing Zee mech) – remind me, is that GS or SGS?

ferrals
    Free Member

Julzm, thanks from me also, interesting to hear. Do you think the benefit of closer ratios is worth the loss of range? I’m trying to weight up either going with a mix of xt and xtr (chainring and shifter) with 36t upfront (will need to man up on a couple of local climbs I reckon) or go xt with a sram cassete and xd conversion (using 34t upfront which is what I have on my current 1by10 with 42t expander). Fwiw at the moment I don’t like the jump between 36 and 42, is the 37-42 a noticeable improvement?

Buzzard, shimano say xtr is not compatible with 11-42, only 11-40. However as many have run xtr with sram 10-42, a lot of folk are saying that’s rubbish.

nemesis
    Free Member

Plenty of people seem to have got Zee working with an expander 42t so I would also expect XTR to work though it seems like it makes chain length more critical to be just right.

lovewookie

XT is trickling into Madison on last look (yesterday) some bits are in stock, some aren’t. like cranks, I think all but 175mm are in…

Mister-P
    Free Member

Medium = GS.

Long code (SGS) = long cage. That’s how I first remembered it many years ago.

br
    Free Member

Looks like the 11-42 cassette is coming in at 450g or thereabouts, so it ain’t light.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

lol over 50g more than the heaviest SRAM 11sp, less range, heavier etc. and still people want it 🙂 marketing dream

nemesis
    Free Member

How much is the cheapest SRAM 11 speed one?

A quick google suggests £86 for this one

http://www.tweekscycles.com/Product.do?method=view&n=3507&p=839860&d=124&c=4&l=2&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=MTB%20Cassettes&gclid=CjwKEAjwxYGuBRCtoqjkrIPDqDwSJAAnd-rC8UoKgt7whLut18-epGJm96KgGQtgqWygJoC8m6tQRRoCFlDw_wcB

So that’s about 28% more expensive than the Shimano 11-42 which is presumably also going to get cheaper as there’s more stock available. Hardly a direct comparison, especially if you consider the compatibility of the XD freehub.

cliffyc
    Free Member

Awaiting the new XT M8000 11 spd rear derailleur…,it’s been awile since I ordered it. Switching up from 1 x 10 set-up,which has been flawless. Hope 40T-rex going on my +1 ride. 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

from a quick google (Via Jensen as I’m not in the UK)
    SRAM XG1150 $185(AU) MSRP
    Shim 11-40 $167 (AU) MSRP

So bugger all

nemesis
    Free Member

MSRP is meaningless – some brands always discount more than others. In the UK, it’s already 28% more for the SRAM.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

especially if you consider the compatibility of the XD freehub.

The XD is a red herring buy any new wheel and you get the choice unless it’s a shimano. XD wheels being common will make it cheaper.
    GX is only just out so will probably also get cheaper.

If cost is the factor great, but it’s heavier & less range.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The reduced prices on Jenson are 160/146 so about the same. Not exactly a big change
    http://www.jensonusa.com/SRAM-XG-1150-11-Speed-Cassette
    http://www.jensonusa.com/Shimano-XT-CS-M8000-11-Speed-Cassette

nemesis
    Free Member

I agree, for some it’s irrelevant because they already have an XD hub because they’re already on SRAM 11. But this thread is talking about aftermarket rather than complete bikes so people going from 10 to 11 won’t have XD hubs.

So unless you’re suggesting that upgrading from 8/9/10 to 11 and including the price of a new wheel is part of your calculation then XD will cost extra if only for a new freehub body.

ben98
    Free Member

But I don’t want a new wheel mikewsmith, so I’d have to buy a new freehub, which costs money. That’s why my xt 11-40 cassette is on the way 😀

nemesis
    Free Member

So in the US it looks like Shimano is relatively expensive. Luckily that isn’t the case in the UK where I’m pretty sure most people on this thread are likely to be buying from…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Good for you, just pointing some of the comparable prices. GX is going on my trail bike when I get back to Oz. Will take a lot to get me back near shimano and until they can at least match the rest it’s not as good. Wasn’t that impressed with the 10sp XT really.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘11spd xt m8000 groupset from crc’ is closed to new replies.