Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • 11spd xt m8000 groupset from crc
  • kimbers

The cost of the xd driver makes that first sram purchase quite a bit more !
    I’d still consider it if I thought I’d need the 10t

Weight of the xt crank arms would be interesting if anyone has some?

The 42 tooth cassette is 40g heavier than the 40t one- Is that right?

I think for now I’ll just get the shifter, mech and cassette , maybe wait till Merlin get them a bit cheaper!

I’m wary of gx, the cheaper sram stuff doesn’t hold up well to shimano, my x7 rear mech developed silly amounts of play in under a year, the much cheaper deore on my winter bike has held up much better. My bikes prone to ghost shifting so floppy mech and sram clutch that kept needing retightening was no good, shame as the shifters are nice!

ferrals
    Free Member

Given that a fair few people will be upgrading from 1×10 systems with expanders the weight isn’t that bad. One-up say adding their expander adds 50g to your cassette weight, my sram pg 1070 cassette (crc cost £45) is nominally 360g so therefore my 1by 10 expanded cassette is 410g and cost about £100. So I’d take saving cash and an extra gear for a 37g penalty

Edit. I’m going off the switching to sram idea as the xd driver is £60 for dt swiss

poah
    Free Member

lol over 50g more than the heaviest SRAM 11sp, less range, heavier etc. and still people want it marketing dream

cheaper and I dont have to swap hub. few extra grams is not an issue

boobs

weights for the xt bits I have
    mech 273.2 g
    shifter 143.5g
    quick link 2.2g 🙂
    cassette 432.3g

dirtyrider
    Free Member

432g for the cassette? 😆

Edit. I’m going off the switching to sram idea as the xd driver is £60 for dt swiss

i just sold my old used Shimano drivers I’ve had kicking around since getting XX1 and got £30 each for them on eBay,

mikewsmith
    Free Member

432.3g, get it right, the man obviously has some calibrated scales

boobs

hasn’t everyone?

standards are dropping.

I can do it to some more decimal paces if you wish, I’d rounded them all up 🙁

boobs

and no comments on the quick link……..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Only if you post a pic of the calibrations sticker & records

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

If cost is the factor great

cost is a factor – a mate of mine wouldn’t ride if it is was really muddy for fear of excessive cassette wear on his sram cassette…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well the cost difference for me is about the same as a pint so no real issue.

stewartc
    Free Member

Have the new XT groupset waiting at my LBS for me to turn up with my frame (Stanton Switchback) and my LB wheels when they finally show up, all reports so far seem good so looking forward to giving it a go.

Incidentally, paying 5800 HKD (around 480 GBP) for the groupset for reference, which I don’t think is to bad for the complete 1×11 drive train and brakes inc fitting.

AlexSimon

boobs – Member

and no comments on the quick link……..
    ok – I’ll bite. An XT quick link?

boobs

It was sold as an xt set 😕
    I did remove the chain as that wasn’t shimano either.

I shall remove myself

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

Has anyone tried an M8000 11sp shifter and cassette with a 10 speed mech? It uses a 10 speed chain still so I guess it might work?

dans160
    Free Member

My 11 speed XT cassette needed ‘modifying’ to fit. The freewheel was in good condition. A little light sanding on the runners of the first set of sprockets was all that was needed.

julzm
    Free Member

The xtr shifter definitely works with an XT set up. I’d rather have had a XTR rear mech too with the 11-42 cassette but didn’t think it would work with the 42 sprocket.

The XTR chain rings definitely fit the XT crankset too and the XT crankset is not as ugly as the XTR one.

The ratio change from 42 to 37 is nowhere near as noticeable on the XT cassette versus the same change on SRAM. In fact, the first 3 or 4 sprockets seem closer together when riding. Im really impressed with it so far especially given the price. Alpine bikes at Glentress have a sign up saying that they will upgrade bikes to 1×11 from £279 – that’s amazing value. I fitted mine myself and it was very easy to do.

teethgrinder

Also interested to know if 10spd mech work with the M8000 shifters.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Weight of the xt crank arms would be interesting if anyone has some?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I’d rather have had a XTR rear mech too with the 11-42 cassette but didn’t think it would work with the 42 sprocket.

Shimano says it works if you are running 1×11 :

http://productinfo.shimano.com/#/spec/1.9/MTB/Rear%20Derailleur

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘11spd xt m8000 groupset from crc’ is closed to new replies.