Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 1" forks and getting a stem to fit.
  • Wally

I have an old Sworks steel stumpy in 1″ threaded flavour.
    I can find the Carbon cycles 1″ forks, the 1″ headset and the 1″ spacers, but a bit stumped how I can fit a 1 1/8 stem? Anyone?

rOcKeTdOg
    Trekster
    saladdodger
    Free Member

If you want a stem shim I have a spare one in the shed Somewhere if you want ityours for fugg all. Addy in profile

I just sold my S/works steel f/f co it hurt too much for my old back but on the road it flew

Wally

Yes please to the shim, saladdodger.
    YGM.

Wally

I presume the 1″ threaded can be swopped out for a 1″ threadless if I change the headset?

Trekster

Wally – Member
    I presume the 1″ threaded can be swopped out for a 1″ threadless if I change the headset?

Yup

Wally

whoo hoo – Life in the old dog yet then. Totally unjustified, but never really trusted the threaded and quill as much as the threadless.

DezB
    Free Member

Why do you want to fit a 1 1/8″ stem if you’ve got a threaded steerer?
    Then you just need a 1″ quill stem.
    As it sounds like you haven’t bought the forks, I would suggest non-threaded, then you can use a shim.

user-removed
    Free Member

I recently fitted one of those quill stem convertors to my old Kona – got sick of feeling stretched out on the bike and wanted a little pop-up type stem. Works just fine.

Wally

Forks are non threaded – going for the exotic 1″ carbon ones from ebay. Current steel ones are threaded.

DezB
    Free Member

That’s what confused me! The 1″ threaded what?

rOcKeTdOg

Forks are non threaded – going for the exotic 1″ carbon ones from ebay. Current steel ones are threaded.

i was right all along then! 😀

Trekster

Wally – Member
    Forks are non threaded – going for the exotic 1″ carbon ones from ebay

If steerer is carbon or alloy stick with the shim idea.
    Quill convertor is likely to damage alloy or carbon

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘1" forks and getting a stem to fit.’ is closed to new replies.