To celebrate the launch of pre-orders for the Starling Murmur Stainless, Starling have created something rather eye-catching.
Press Release continues:
We teamed up with Bristol Bicycle Restorations and Hope to create a super-special, one-off custom-painted Murmur Stainless.
The age-old mountain biking truth ‘anodising equals eye-catching’ rings true on this one, and Hope supplied some absolutely stunning anodised parts for this. Choosing all 4 of their ano colours felt a little over the top even for this build, so we stuck with 3 – blue, orange and purple. We selected as many Hope parts as possible and tried to have every part next to a different coloured component.
Next we enlisted the help of Bristol Bike Restorations for a custom paint job. We gave Josh free reign to use his own creative interpretation and he created a smooth fade between colours and some nice hex details to match the Hope components.
- Wheels // Ryan Builds Wheels DT Swiss XM421 rims, 24H hubs, silver Sapim CX-Ray spokes
- Fork // RockShox Pike
- Shock // Cane Creek Inline Coil with Progressive Spring (now available on Starling frames)
- Cockpit // Various from FunnMTB
- Tyres // Michelin Wild AM (using the older generation with white logos so the colours wouldn’t clash!)
- Inserts // CushCore Enduro
We’re absolutely over the moon with the results – and happy with how Marmite the bike seems to be with riders. It did a great job of grabbing attention at the Ardrock Enduro and we’re hoping it’ll do the same as more people catch sight of it.
Press Release ends.
Singletrack quick question
Answers to questions like this help us understand more about you, our audience, and provide a guide to future content.