Where did mountain biking start? Right about here is the answer, with the “Repack” race “It started innocuously enough. A motorcyclist turned bikie discovered the old dirt road west of…
After the cancellation of this year’s event due to Covid, Fort William world cup will return in 2022! At first, the round was due to run with no spectators but was later cancelled due to ongoing restrictions. Now the date has been set for next year, with the World Cup returning to Fort Bill on 21-22 May 2022.
Fort William DH World Cup 2022
The press release reads:
The Fort William World Cup will be back on 21-22 May 2022. As with everything these days, this could be subject to possible Covid-related impacts. We hope they will be minimal because we all need a full-throttle Fort William weekend next year.
Planning is well underway. We will be announcing ticket information in late Autumn, with Early Bird sales likely to start in December.
For all those who bought tickets for 2020 and have kept the faith, your tickets will still be valid. You will be sent new QR codes in 2022.
We’ll keep everyone updated with developments as the World gets a bit more normal and gravity takes charge.
For more, head to the website.
2022 MTB World Cup Schedule:
- March 26-27: Lourdes, France (DH)
- April 8-10: Petropolis, Brazil (XCO/XCC)
- May 6-8: Albstadt, Germany (XCO/XCC)
- May 13-15: Nové Město, Czech Republic (XCO/XCC)
- May 21-22: Fort William, UK (DH)
- June 10-12: Leogang, Austria (DH/XCO/XCC)
- July 8-10: TBC (DH/XCO/XCC)
- July 15-17: Vallnord, Andorra (DH/XCO/XCC)
- July 29-31: Snowshoe, USA (DH/XCO/XCC)
- August 5-7: Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada (DH/XCO/XCC)
- August 24–28: UCI Mountain Bike World Championships – Les Gets, France
- September 2-4: Val di Sole, Italy (DH/XCO/XCC)
Singletrack Sponsored Features
Featured Premier Partner
Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums.
Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.