Check out our video first look of the 2021 Commencal Meta AM 29 Team! A bike so rare that even pre-orders are running low on stock!
For 2021 Commencal gave its full-suspension line-up a major overhaul. The Meta TR, Clash and Meta AM all received hugely revised geometry, but it’s the Meta AM which saw the largest increase and this is the bike we currently have on test.
The last time the Meta AM 29 saw an update was back in 2018, and though the 2021 bike retains those Commencal signature design choices, the frame is completely redesigned. Find out just how long, low, narrow, steep and slack this 170mm travel enduro bike is in our first look video below.
2021 Commencal Meta AM 29 Team Specs
- Frame: 2021 Meta AM 160mm travel
- Shock: RockShox Deluxe Ultimate, 230 x 62.5mm
- Fork: RockShox Zeb, 170mm travel
- Brakes: SRAM Code RSC
- Bar: Ride Alpha 27mm rise, 780mm wide
- Stem: Ride Alpha Freeride 40mm
- Grips: Ride Alpha DH lock-on
- Shifter: SRAM GX, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur: SRAM GX, 12 Speed
- Chainset: SRAM GX, 32t
- Cassette: SRAM GX, 12 speed, 52t
- Wheels: DT Swiss EX511 rims with 350 hubs
- Tyres: Schwalbe Magic Mary 29 x 2.4in
- Dropper: Kindshock Lev Integra
- Saddle: Fabric Scoop Flat Elite
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL
- Colours: Black and White
- Price: €4,499
- From: Commencal
2021 Commencal Meta AM 29 First Look Gallery
2021 Commencal Meta AM 29 Geometry
|1 – Seat Tube Length||380 mm||420 mm||440 mm||460 mm|
|2 – Seat Tube Angle||78,5°||78,5°||78,5°||78,5°|
|3 – Head Tube Angle||63,6°||63,6°||63,6°||63,6°|
|4 – Head Tube Length||115 mm||120 mm||125 mm||130 mm|
|5 – Wheel Base||1231 mm||1258 mm||1285 mm||1312 mm|
|6 – Top Tube Length||573 mm||600 mm||626 mm||652 mm|
|7 – Chainstay Length||433 mm||433 mm||433 mm||433 mm|
|8 – BB drop||-21 mm||-21 mm||-21 mm||-21 mm|
|9 – Fork Length||586 mm||586 mm||586 mm||586 mm|
|10 – Reach||445 mm||470 mm||495 mm||520 mm|
We’ll have a review ready in the next month or so, but if you have any questions let us know in the comments section below.
Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums.
Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.