What are the best mountain bike grips? Wil’s tested a bunch over the years, and here he’s put together five of his favourite lock-on grips. Over to Wil!
German brand Ergon may be best known for its popular flared grip design, though it also offers ‘normal’ grips too, including the GD1 series (gravity), the GA series (All Mountain), and these; the GE1 series (enduro).
Originally launched back in 2013, the GE1 was designed in conjunction with all-round downhill and enduro shredder, Fabian Barel. During the development process, Ergon conducted motion analysis of its EWS team riders to determine what hand positions they favoured, and how this would change from climbing to descending.
The result was what Ergon claimed to be the first ergonomic grip designed specifically for wide bars.
Ergon GE1 EVO Factory Grip Specs
- Diameter: 29-33mm
- Total length: 135mm
- Grip area length: 118-121mm
- Single locking clamp w/3mm hex screw
- Colours: Orange or Black
- Confirmed weight: 98g
- RRP: £34.99 / $55 AUD
On The Trail
The rest of this review is for members only. If you have an account, please log in. If not, you can get access by registering here for free.
Members get access to exclusive content like this but they also get..
- Fewer ads
- Post comments to stories
- Join in forum discussions
- Sell unwanted kit for free in our Classifieds
- Automatic shop discount on Singletrack merchandise
- Access more members only content
Premier members get more
- Magazine content in print 6x/year post free
- App access to every new issue of Singletrack
- Ad free website
- Big discounts on shop merchandise
- Access downloads like GPX files, PDFs and even iBooks
- Full mag archive access to all Singletrack back issues
Premier membership starts at just 1.99
|Product:||GE1 EVO Factory Slim|
|From:||Extra (UK) / BikeBox (AUS)|
|Price:||£34.99 / $55 AUD|
|Tested:||by Wil Barrett for 6 months|