• This topic has 89 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by fibre.
Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Zwift – state of the nation.
  • zilog6128

I’m getting quite a bit of lag when I slow down or speed up – is that normal or is my PC being too slow?

Have you gone into the settings at changed the power to “instant” from “3 second” (which is the default)?

How do I go back into it today and see any stats from yesterdays ride?

Strava

I got several messages yesterday saying I’d ‘unlocked’ things, one referred to kit – what’s that all about?

You can unlock different kit and faster bikes/wheels. You can see them in the “customise” menu when you pause the game.

This is a good page to answer beginners’ questions http://www.titaniumgeek.com/cycling/zwift-user-manual-unofficial-running-updates/

phil56

Thanks Zilog,
    I hadn’t changed anything in the settings – I’ll have a look

phil56

Thanks Zilog,
    I hadn’t changed anything in the settings – I’ll have a look

johnw1984
    Free Member

Reporting back and I’ve mananged to get everything working and it’s been great for those odd 30 min workouts after work!

Did the short FTP test and got 189W (not sure if that’s any good).

thing is, this has put all the efforts up on the training programs! One of them requires me to get to 500+ watts for 10 seconds.

Top gear (claris 2×8) spinning at 125ish rpm, I’m only hitting a maximum of about 384w. I’m not sure how it’s possible to get any more out of it?

Zwift advises that I set the resistance at 3 as it’s a dumb trainer with a speed/cadence sensor. Any ideas?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Top gear (claris 2×8) spinning at 125ish rpm, I’m only hitting a maximum of about 384w. I’m not sure how it’s possible to get any more out of it?

For 10 second intervals, just make it a big sprint effort. Dumb trainers are never going to be accurate for that duration of effort. You’re probably putting out a lot more than that 384 watts as it’s deriving your power from wheel speed so not taking into account the power you are putting out to accelerate.

stumpy01

johnw1984 – Member

Reporting back and I’ve mananged to get everything working and it’s been great for those odd 30 min workouts after work!

thing is, this has put all the efforts up on the training programs! One of them requires me to get to 500+ watts for 10 seconds.

I’ve seen a few people report that the ftp value that Zwift updates itself with then makes all the workout targets a bit too difficult.
    I think you can change the ftp value manually by going into your profile…the layout of where things are in Zwift isn’t exactly obvious at times….but I think you get to it by going to the menu when you are in the game itself & then clicking on the icon next to your name, not on the icons down the right hand side.
    In the profile page that comes up it will have your ftp value in a box and I’m pretty sure you can just manually adjust it….

Next time you beat it again though Zwift will tell you and ask if you want to update your ftp value – you should say no to this if you don’t want the same thing to happen again.

epicsteve
    Free Member

The short FTP test is quite tough and gave me one of the lowest FTP figures of any ride I’ve done on Zwift. I think by the time I’d got to the FTP bit I was knackered – it also didn’t help that it was the first turbo ride I’d done and I wasn’t using a fan at that point. I think my solitary go at the FTP test also gave something like 189W although my real FTP is more like 240W.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies on this. It is a bit disheartening not seeing that number go up on Zwift 🙂

I’ll see if I can manually adjust the FTP to suit and go from there. Basically, I just need a better turbo is what you’re all saying (in my head anyway).

jam-bo

i’ve never bothered with a Zwift FTP test. I took the number I had last winter with trainerroad, knocked 30W off and went from there. seems about right.

fibre
    Free Member

I don’t like the warmups for the FTP test on my Smart trainer, I just don’t get on with being fed the resistance like it does. I would rather just get it over with as well, last time I just did a very short spin to get comfy and went straight to the test. I did find myself in between gears so went for the grind and groan and upped my FTP by about 40w, which made it worthwhile atleast (first test in a few weeks).

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Zwift – state of the nation.’ is closed to new replies.