Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Zits at my age????
  • Pigface
    Free Member

What the hell is going on? got two unsightly blemishes on my boat, haven’t had a zit in about 20 years.

boblo
    Free Member

New forum name on the cards…? 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

😆 brilliant Piggy twozits

bikebouy
    Free Member

I went through second pubity at 40 and was prescribed some damn hard drugs to get rid of it. 6 months of drying out my system where all the fluid in my joints dried up and such, horrific. Once the course was over though I returned right back but without the spots.
    Been pretty fine since. Odd one here and there but they’re invariably hair roots.

Stoner
    Free Member

anyone else get zitty inner thighs?

boblo
    Free Member

Uuugghh. Off out, not pleasant 🙁

Harry_the_Spider

Raises hand. WTF is that all about?

They do go with a satisfying “CRACK” though.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

this is brilliant…

good for normal zits as well.

JAG

zitty inner thighs

Yes I do 😳

Is it a cyclist thing? or should I wear more shorts?

tang
    Free Member

Its all that thigh rubbing with sweaty palms.

bigyinn
    Free Member

They hurt like buggery when you have to squeeze them too.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

me too! Maybe its the leg hairs rubbing against trousers/shorts and irritating the hair follicles?

chip
    Free Member

I mourn the passing of my blackheads.
    I sometimes hunt to no avail before walking away desolate at the fact I could not find not one.
    Can’t beat a good blackhead.

globalti
    Free Member

Yes I do as well; I think it’s caused by, er, mankiness in the groin area infecting follicles.

I treat spots and infected cat scratches with a dab of Corsodyl mouthwash, which is like a miracle cure; amazing stuff.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Stay away from chocolate and mozzies?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Some people just seem more prone to them.

I get some huge pore blockages, usually on my back. They grow like bumps under the skin and usually eventually get infected. Then it’s 50/50 if they’ll be poppable [at which point a revolting amount of sebum and thousands of coiled silk-fine hairs come out]; or they may just die down…..for now.

I’m pretty fed up TBH, and though I am toughening up MissStripes to get the ones I physically can’t reach*, they still drive me crazy sometimes – the pain on a really deep one is stomach turning.

I have no idea what causes it, I guess I smoke a little which doesn’t help, but I also ride, run and sweat. I’ve tried eating differently [though generally have a fairly healthy diet, nearly fully veggie, loads of fresh things, olive oil, salads etc].

I’ve tried washing differently [more, less, soap, gel etc]

Last time I had one under my sit-bones that wouldn’t heal I got the doc to prescribe some antibiotics, which did clear the infection up, but not the blockage.

Every part of my skin blocks up, even get blocked pores on my knees, bicep, scalp, wrist, shoulders etc etc. It’s just very very irritating.

Just to clarify, they’re not usually blackheads [ie dirt mixed in with sebum], they’re usually clean – just that the pore doesn’t seem to be able to vent to the outside world and sometimes this builds up to rice-crispy sized lumps 🙁

*The last one hit her in the face. It may take some time to get over that.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Yay! I’m not alone. I get zitty inner thighs and back??? Does my nut in at times. I seem to be suffering on my noggin at the moment, I’ve clipped my head for 14 years (clean my blades and guead too)and the last few months have been literally irritating.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Just got a killer one out of the front of my ankle?!

Seriously, does no-one know how to unblock these pores?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Acid??

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

What, so I can dream I have perfect skin. Or alternatively that I am wearing someone else’s perfect skin, stitched badly on?

Asprin…? Hmmm

Cougar

I don’t get them often, but when I do they always seem to be in really weird places like on my eyelid or in my earhole. It’s like my body is creating them for the maximum annoyance factor.

ourmaninthenorth

Am nearly 40 years old and still don’t get through a month without a “blemish”.For me it’s down to having really oily skin.

The closest I’ve found to a solution is French market soap (pref made with olive oil) and moisturising using a L’Oreal product

Things that make it worse: getting up early (something to do with my sleep cycle – I’m not a morning person) and diet.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Zits at my age????’ is closed to new replies.