Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • ZIPP 303 carbon road wheels
  • volant2002
    Free Member

Hi
    I just wondered how much my mate would get if her were to sell a second hand pair of wheels on here.
    Cheers

mashiehood
    Free Member

5-600 pounds depending on condition

onandon
    Free Member

Yep, depends on condition, year etc.
    I’d say 500-700, probably more on eBay but then you have fees.

DT78
    Free Member

Look on time trailing forums classified zipps advertised with reasonable regularity. If I was selling some newer good condition 303 s I would hope for more than 700.

volant2002
    Free Member

Thanks guys

Gee76
    Free Member

Does the same go for Zipp Disc wheels? (more specifically Firecrest 202’s)

Would I be right in presuming they’re slightly less desirable as they’re well “disc” wheels but then no braking surface to wear so in theory have a much better life expectancy? (i.e. no brake wear surface!)

Cheapest price I can see is about £1399 new!!.

onandon
    Free Member

I missed a set at just over 700 a few weeks ago. I’d imagine the cyclo guys would like them and they’re great for gravel bikes.
    I don’t represent the cycling industry but I’d imagine the disc wheels would be worth slightly more than rim brake 202s.

Gee76
    Free Member

Thanks for that on and on. Almost look to nice to put on cyclo bike but they we do it on mtb’s so why not.

I won’t hold you to it don’t worry, I realise it’s just a finger in the air and subject to all sorts of variables.

Tend to build carbon wheels meself and stick with DT hubs and chinese Carbon rims so never really looked closely at Zipp as a bit pricey for me 🙂

volant2002
    Free Member

Gee76
    Where do you get the chinese carbon rims from? And don’t say China 🙂
    Have you got a web link?

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve got FarSports road rims, they’ve been faultless.

Gee76
    Free Member

I’ve mainly used lightbicycle mtb and road rims to date.

No probs so far!.

G

njee20
    Free Member

LightBicycle have a pretty limited choice of road rims, FarSports have every width, depth and shape under the sun, including some UCI approved ones I see now. LB all the way for MTB rims!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ZIPP 303 carbon road wheels’ is closed to new replies.