Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Zesty BB….again
  • boltonjon

Hi guys

Running a 2011 Zesty with the Shimano pressfit BB

As predicted, the ‘soft as Dairylea’ BB didn’t last too long, so i’m looking to fit a non-Shimano BB

I’ve heard that Raceface and FSA produce a replacement, but can anyone share their recommendations or experiences about these or even point me in the direction of another BB manufacturer?

Many thanks!

Bucko

I ended up with an FSA after a bit of research. I’ve not had it long enough to comment on its longivity compared to the OEM Shimano but it’s doing the job so far for pretty much the same price of a replacement Shimano one

Crag
    Free Member

The KCNC ones are supposed to be OK. No first hand experience however. I’ve just picked up a cheap XTR from Rose. If I get a year out of it then I can’t grumble really.

A bit more here

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/zesty-bottom-bracket-1

TheFopster
    Free Member

USA based supplier called Endura (?) also gets mentioned a lot and people seem happy with them. I just put a new Shimano one in mine and will try to keep water out this time – if that fails I will join you on the non-Shimano hunt. Surely there’s enough of these around now for it to be worth Hope doing one? Come on chaps – get your impeccably northern fingers out and get machining!

taxi25
    Free Member

Fitted an Endura bb to my x-control. Its not bad, at least its easy to get the seals of and regrease the bearings.
    the real problem is the bb filling up with water. Drill a drain hole or take thw seat post out and turn it upside down everytime it gets wet.

timmys

Me, from a previous thread:

For what it’s worth, my experience;

Shimano; didn’t last very long (6-9 months)

KCNC; looks lovely but seemed too tight in the BB shell. The lovely looking O-rings just ended up all mashed up and deformed by the time the thing was actually installed (using a headset press), so it never really sat straight. No better external seals than the Shimano anyway.

Enduro fork seals; By far the best. Actually has what you would call a seal on the outside of the bearings rather than just the top hat reducer shim things in the others. Cons; have to order from the US so takes a couple of weeks to get them.

boltonjon

Cheers guys – much appreciated!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Zesty BB….again’ is closed to new replies.