Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Zesty 714 (love content)
  • LoveTubs
    Free Member

Just been drooling over one of these at LBS.

Not planning on getting one but boy how bling-tastic can a bike get? All that yummy anodising, the carbon rear mech was a bit ‘twee’ but loving the rest of it….ooooowww yes pleas Mr Euromillions winner!

trailflow
    Free Member

Not seen one in the flesh yet but i imagine it looks even better 🙂

slowrider
    Free Member

Awww shucks, thats my bike that is. I’ll let her know you care!

(not the one in the pic, mines a bit different: hope pro2s on flows, crossmark/highroller combo, reverb post, xtr cranks, point 1 racing pedals, mrp mini g2sl guide, revelation rlt ti forks, renthal stem, carbon havoc bars, xtr shifter, offset shock bushings, works headset on it’s way. Ditched the carbon rear mech for an XT one too :D)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    honourablegeorge

Works headset?

Tell me more.

glenh
    Free Member

Wow. Mingtastic.

slowrider
    Free Member

honourablegeorge, saw on works components site that they will make headsets to order so got in touch with rick. i got them a headset to measure and it turns out they can modify one of their existing designs to suit. apparently they will be available end of next week so hopefully ill be seeing mine too!

ive gone for a 2 degree offset so combined with my offset bushings ill be able to have anything between the stock 68 down to 65 degrees in .5 degree increments.

honourablegeorge

Cool… must keep an eye on that, might suit the Spicy

popartpoem
    Free Member

Are you running a triple with a chain device? If so, which chain guide is that?
    I fitted a E-thirteen Heim unit to the triple X0 on my 2011 914 and it’s not really very good (it introduced chainsuck, which I’d not suffered from before). I also had to “redesign” it to get it to fit (probably the cause of the problems).

Nice bike by the way :mrgreen:

Slowrider … This may be a daft question, but, what do “offset bushings” change/do?

cabbage84
    Free Member

I want one so bad but the mrs says 4 bikes is enough which I cant really argue with maybes next year when they look even sexier

slowrider
    Free Member

Nope, single ring.

Offset bushings reduce the eye to eye length of the shock without reducing travel. This slackens the angles a degree and lowers the bb a little.

rugbydick

Where did you manage to get the offset shock bushings from?

I’ve been looking for some for my Zesty but can’t remember / find where to get them.

santacoops
    Free Member

Whats better, one of these or a Butcher?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Burgtec or Steamer Industries do the bushes.

rewski
    Free Member

Tis a beauty.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Zesty 714 (love content)’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts