Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Zesty 2012, Reverb stealth?
  • yorkshire89
    Free Member

I’ve had a quick search but can’t find any info.

Does anybody know whether a reverb stealth is compatible with a 2012 carbon zesty frame?

There is a blanking plug in the headtube and another under the top tube for a standard reverb, but can you use a stealth? Either through the top tube or BB and down tube?

nwgiles

Yes

they go in the front
    down the tube
    over the bb
    and the seatpost

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Thanks! So is that out of the hole in the downtube before the BB? Rather than through the BB shell itself?

Are the standard hoses usually long enough to route this way?

robarnold
    Free Member

Standard hoses are massive, shouldn’t be an issue unless it’s a xxl 36er frame 🙂

yorkshire89
    Free Member

The frame is a large, did a bit more digging and it appears you can’t fit a stealth to a 2012 frame, only 2013.

kimbers

oh really?

nwgiles

no the stealth goes in never comes out of the frame, terminates on the bottom of the reverb

yorkshire89
    Free Member

So there are holes in the BB shell to accommodate it? Just remove the BB and feed it through?

What about the spare hole thats blanked off in the headtube? Is it just a hole that I will be able to feed it through, or does this have an internal tube routing it along the top tube?

Finally, Is there a replacement blanking plug I can buy for the headtube that fits over the hose?

nwgiles

not holes so to speak its open but you have to remove the bb to get enough room to thread it up and through.

The internal routing on the top tube is for the non stealth style.

In the head tube if you remove the fork there are plates either side which the cables go behind to tidy them away.

yes you can buy the blanking plugs

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Great cheers :mrgreen:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Zesty 2012, Reverb stealth?’ is closed to new replies.