Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Zee brakes from Germany
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

For my bandit 29er. Anyone had any bad experiences with zees as for that money they seem to be a no brainer. I probably don’t need 4 pots for my local forest but my other brakes are late model codes and I love them .

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

All good here, love mine so far.

transporter13
    Free Member

Ordered some last week..turned up friday…mate rode them at bpw yesterday..no issues, awesome brakes

lornholio
    Free Member

XTs feel better, Zees have more power. Buy accordingly.

honourablegeorge

lornholio – Member
    XTs feel better, Zees have more power. Buy accordingly.

I’ve heard/read more than a few people expressing the opinion that Zees have the best modulation of all the SHimano brakes

renton
    Free Member

Where from and how much please.

windydave13
    Free Member

Just back from a week in the Alps with relatively newly fitted Zee’s.
    Absolutely awesome is pretty much all I can say. Loads of power and good modulation. No brake fade like I’ve had before on my SLX

I’d heartily recommend them

Dave

robhughes
    Free Member

Got the here from zee germans.Much much better feel than my xt’s and loads more POWER as clarkson would say..

bigjim

yeah better than XTs in my book, more modulation an more power

renton
    Free Member

Which German site please.

windydave13
    Free Member

I got mine from Bike Discount, although I timed it right and paid in Euros which worked out at £117 delivered
    http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/shimano-zee-disc-brake-br-m640-b-set-86999/wg_id-4237

darrenspink
    Free Member

Can’t say I will ever feel the need to change from my zee’s, absolutely brilliant brakes.

peasant
    Free Member

17 stone 😯 here and had no problems whatsoever and for approx £120 they are a bargain

lornholio
    Free Member

I’ve heard/read more than a few people expressing the opinion that Zees have the best modulation of all the SHimano brakes

I’ve had Zees for two years. Two friends’ XTs feel about the same for modulation and much better for lever throw. Pretty sure it’s not a bleed or pad issue.

Shimano are generally poor for modulation, regardless of what anyone tells you.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Vat about zee brakes from germany?

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve had Zees for two years. Two friends’ XTs feel about the same for modulation and much better for lever throw. Pretty sure it’s not a bleed or pad issue.

Shimano are generally poor for modulation, regardless of what anyone tells you.

I’m not gonna argue about bike parts on the internet because that would be tragic.

But you are taking your findings from a sample of one (pair of zee brakes). I agree with others that they have excellent modulation and outright power.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I cant say I’ve ever had a problem with modulation on my 3 sets of shimano hydro brakes.
    Like anything, it can take a little while to adjust if you’re used to a different brand and feel, but its a bit pompous to say that basically you’re right and everyone else is wrong.

lornholio
    Free Member

But you are taking your findings from a sample of one (pair of zee brakes). I agree with others that they have excellent modulation and outright power.

Three pairs of Zees (two other friends’ previously unmentioned), two pairs of XTs.

And yes. Internet bikers widely talk nonsense and I’d like to bring my own real findings to the table. Experienced friends agree.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Internet bikers widely talk nonsense

hatter

Have had many different disc brakes over the years (all the way back to old Hope C2’s and Purple Hayes) and can happily say that my current XTR’s are the best modulated brakes I’ve ever ridden.

Each to their own I guess.

renton
    Free Member

How would the new sram guide brakes compare to the Zee’s

which would be easier to shorten a hose on and bleed?

AlexSimon

How would the new sram guide brakes compare to the Zee’s

I’ve already had issues with my Sram Guides.
    I’m going to bleed and see if anything changes, but I’m just not confident in them. Modulation-wise they are fine (more similar to Zee than XT). I’m just having consistency issues. Find I have to adjust the lever throw mid-ride and when trying stoppies – sometimes they bite, sometimes they don’t. Obviously that’s just me with one pair of brakes, but I wouldn’t buy again.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

ive been really impressed with mine in the 6 months i’ve had them. came off a pair of formula T1’s power and modulation is comparable if not better, and they are far easier to bleed. bargain at c £120, only down side is they’re not fully serviceable so will be interested to see how their fair long term

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Zee brakes from Germany’ is closed to new replies.