Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • YT Service! I thought Evil were bad!
  • edward2000
    Free Member

At least Evil reply to emails!

I have a Tues Pro with Marz 380 forks which in my opinion have an issue which should be covered under warranty (less than a year old and the rebound adjustment doesnt work and there is a knocking coming from inside them – it’s not the bushings).

Literally no response from YT. Totally disappointed.

SirHC

Tried calling them ?

edward2000
    Free Member

Not thought of that, i’ll try in a sec!

legend
    Free Member

or just skip YT and phone Windwave?

edward2000
    Free Member

No answer from the phone either…

I actually emailed Windwave last night asking for their assistance. I dont think they would be interested though as i didnt buy it via their route to market – i would expect them to charge a fee, but ill see what tey say.

wwaswas

Windwave are at an exhibition this week/weekend so I’d give them a few days to reply.

njee20
    Free Member

Could YT be at Interbike?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

njee20 – Member
    Could YT be at Interbike?

All of them?

If I didn’t get an email reply within a business day I’d be on the phone. Well in reality I’d be smug and go back to my LBS who sold me my last 2 bikes 😉

On the flip side, my mate has just had his 2014 Capra frame replaced because the paint (and only the paint) had cracked around the ISCG mount. Three week turnaround from sending it back to them. They stated that the frame was fine, but they’d replace it anyway as it didn’t represent the quality that they wanted to deliver

selaciosa
    Free Member

On the flip side, my mate has just had his 2014 Capra frame replaced because the paint (and only the paint) had cracked around the ISCG mount. Three week turnaround from sending it back to them. They stated that the frame was fine, but they’d replace it anyway as it didn’t represent the quality that they wanted to deliver

so they should bloody replace it – it’s a known issue the paint cracking around the BB

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

go to the shop – dealer you bought it from, they will deal directly for you. Ive had, through my LBS, good service from windwave

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

go to the shop – dealer you bought it from, they will deal directly for you.

YT are direct sales only, there is no dealer.

edward2000
    Free Member

Looks like im not the only one. The last couple of pages here are littered with similar stories.

http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=90791&pagenum=275

Direct sales is great but the service has to be there too :/

ryderredman
    Free Member

I think commencal are competing in this…

droppinneutron
    Free Member

I really feel for anyone in this situation but its what happens when people get suckered in by these cheapo prices. First they fall to bits and then the manufacturer doesn’t care

plecostomus
    Free Member

Go to your LBS if they have a windwave account they can help you!

butterbean
    Free Member

Amazing.

Yet that unofficial owners home on Pinkbike is literally littered with people going nuts about delays with cracked frames, no response from YT, no answering the phone etc.

There are people on there who have been through 4 frames in a year. I can’t understand why anyone would buy one with the grief people seemingly have to go through when it breaks (which seems to be a given, just a case of when).

zero-cool
    Free Member

They’re only a small company also quite likely that most of them skipped off to Vegas for Interbike.
    They’ve been really helpful when we’ve emailed for anything (24-48hr replies). Only time they were shit at updates was for delivery and that ended up coming early

Tom kp

mikewsmith
    Free Member

They’re only a small company also quite likely that most of them skipped off to Vegas for Interbike.

I work for a small company, just 3 of us, we go all over the place and still we will respond to something within 24hrs. Thats what your customer expects not excuses about being at a trade show etc.

RudiBoy
    Free Member

I know this will not help, but I have had nothing but great service from them.

takisawa2

Now chaps, its a known fact that all data & mobile connections are blocked by the gamma phase intensifier field at trade shows.

This is what I tell my boss if I get to go to Mach at the NEC.

But Op, hope YT come good for you. 😕 😉

**I had the paint crack around the gusset on my (steel) Niner.
    Niner refused to sort, saying it was just paint, not structural.
    I had it under the scope at work & pretty sure it was just paint.
    But it peed me off that Niner were replacing frames in the US.
    I just got on with riding it.
    I figured a newly painted one would probably go the same way, being quite a flexy beast. (The bike, not me).
    Charliethebikemonger reckoned his test bike had gone the same way.
    4yrs on its still going strong.

traildog
    Free Member

To be honest though, if I had some forks that were not working right after plenty of use, I’d send them off to a fork service place and get them serviced and fixed and not bother with warranty. It would be far quicker.

sazter

I have a wicked and the reverb is stuck in the up position even with zero air in it, emailed YT yesterday, today I got a reply with a form to email back, once they get that they are sending me a postage label so I can send it back to them free, pretty happy with that. Reverb fault is not theirs, it will be going back to SRAM, I can stick in a normal post and carry on riding in the meantime.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘YT Service! I thought Evil were bad!’ is closed to new replies.