• This topic has 15 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • YT Price Increase
  • godzilla
    Free Member

Sorry if this has been coverd but have YT hiked there prices up in the last month?
    Looks to be €100 or more on the Capra.

hora
    Free Member

Euro changed from (googles figure) 0.73 to 0.72 (now). Last time I looked at the YT Capra alu it was £1800 (at 0.73)- now at 0.72 it comes out at £1956.

hatter

Hardly surprising, they have to pay their far eastern suppliers in Dollars, have you seen how the Euro’s been doing vs the Dollar of late?

Quite a few companies in the same boat will be looking at Euro price rises at the moment.

godzilla
    Free Member

I understand the exchange rate but is that why they put the price on the web site up?
    Is this the new price or would we expect it to drop if the € got stronger?

honourablegeorge

Specialized have had two 10% increases this year already.

benp1

Really?

Didn’t realise the Spesh prices had gone up. Means the current 15-20% sale makes sense!

simondbarnes

Have they?

simondbarnes

Means the current 15-20% sale makes sense!

None of the bikes in their Spring promotion have had a price increase since they were launched last August.

hatter

And more importantly, paid for last August.

honourablegeorge

simondbarnes – Member
    Have they?

Over here in Euro land, yeah.

simondbarnes

Over here in Euro land, yeah.

Ah 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Euro changed from (googles figure) 0.73 to 0.72 (now). Last time I looked at the YT Capra alu it was £1800 (at 0.73)- now at 0.72 it comes out at £1956.

What? That’s a c€300 increase innit? €2,465, to €2,716

honourablegeorge

Makes the gap between then and Canyon/YT seem even massive. I’d have thought the success of direct sales would start to drive prices down at some point

godzilla
    Free Member

I ordered a couple of Capras last month luckily, I wonder when’s the best time to pay, is the € going to drop further?

benpinnick

Most of their stock will be bought in USD, most of their cash will be in EUR. Since the EUR has tanked against the USD then what once bought 100% of a pike, now only gets you 80%. Therefore prices need to go up to compensate.

hora
    Free Member

Godzilla I honestly think its done dropping. The EU injected a massive amount into the zone recebtly to turn around the Euro(zone). So I bet we’ll feel the ripples of the billions injected soon enough.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘YT Price Increase’ is closed to new replies.