Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • YT Industries
  • sazter

Has anyone bought from them?

I need to pay for my shiny new toy, but the price they gave me is in Euros.

If I use xe.com I get a GBP price…. do I just pay that? Anyone know if this is ok?

julians
    Free Member

for most merchants, if they charge in euros, your payment provider (either paypal or credit card firm or bank) will be charged in euros and your payment provider will convert it (at a poor exchange rate, ie not as good as the rate you’ve seen on xe.com) into pounds and add a small fee on for the conversion. You then pay the amount in pounds that the payment provider converted it to plus the conversion fee.

if you’re paying by bank transfer then you will most likely need to perform an international bank transfer, which probably carries a charge from your bank (£20 in the case of RBS), you tell the bank how many euros you want to transfer, they will work out how many pounds this is , and you pay this plus the transfer fee.

You can ask YT if they can charge in pounds and it will save you the crappy exchange rate that the bank use plus the conversion fee, but I doubt YT will offer this.

rossatease
    Free Member

Bit of advice, don’t buy anything fitted with BOS equipment, the warranty system involves return to Germany and big delays and there will be problems.

dashed
    Free Member

Just to put some perspective on it, paying on barclaycard for example works out the same (give or take a couple of quid) as taking a load of cash to the post office, buying euros and then paying cash. Barclaycard exchange rate plus small commission is equivalent to the “commission free” rate you can get from post office, banks etc.

Cheaper ways to do both of course, fee free cards out there, pre-paid cards where you buy euros at a known rate and pre-ordered cash all bring costs down.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

No, sazter you don’t convert it. You just pay in euros and your credit card provider does the exchange rate calc and it appears on your statement converted to pounds.

sazter

Thanks all..

Can only pay by bank transfer or Paypal, PP is out as the €95 fees are silly

passtherizla
    Free Member

I’ve done this recently.. I just took the email with their parent details on to the bank and thy sorted it for me. Took 5 minutes and cost £9.

mrflaky
    Free Member

When I paid for my YT Capra, just did a transfer via my online banking, not sure who you bank with but with mine there was a clear option to make a payment to Europe, you simple entered the euro amount and it transfered that amount and debit your account in pounds, cost me 4 quid in fee’s.

sazter

Online banking makes it almost €90 more with a £9 fee, have been recommended Hi-Fx, and it works out about in the middle of the two prices. 😀 That’ll do nicely. Thanks all.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Paypal is the only way you’ll get charged 90 euro.

just take the email to your bank with their details and the amount and pay it. simple.

They give you an exchange rate and the charge is £9

racingsnail
    Free Member

When I bought my YT they didn’t have paypal, did a bank transfer through RBS they gave me the option to pay in euros or pounds and the transfer fee was £20 to receive the money in 2-3 days or £10 to receive within a week.
    The exchange rates at the bank were really good at the time and I had been keeping an eye on them. I payed for it knowing there was going to be a couple of months wait before I actually got it and by the time I get it I had saved nearly £200 just on the rates changing.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘YT Industries’ is closed to new replies.