Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Yt capra owner review/advice please
  • chris74c
    Free Member

I’m looking at buying a new bike. Just had a demo on a spesh enduro 650b and was really surprised at how much i liked it. Currently some good offers on at the moment, however, I keep getting lured back to the YT Web site . They look fantastic and you can’t ignore the great value.
    climbing is what surprised me the most about the enduro, it really did feel like a do it all bike.
    That said can any yt owners share their thoughts please.
    cheers

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I’m all ears here, very tempted myself too.

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

Had mine for approx 9 months now and v happy.

Pedals well uphill, although I don’t use it for that much xc type stuff.

Downhill it’s great, the steeper it is the better. Makes trail centre stuff quite dull though, although I enjoy trail centres less and less.Just been out in samoens with it this week and it’s not put a foot wrong.

It took a while to adjust to the slack head angle but once I did it was very confidence inspiring.

My only gripe is that the deville fork has 26″ lowers, which doesn’t leave a huge amount of clearance between the tyre and arch. I have seen people running marsh guards but I imagine they might clog easily. Other users might be able comment on this.

Edit: sizing is an issue up for debate. I followed YTs advice and it’s a good size for me. Size up if you want something more stable at speed, my friend has a large and I could ride it without issue, I’m not sure I would be so confident with it over jumps though.

jonk

A mate of mine has just got one. Its heavy for what it is, heavier than my Orange Alpine. Its very short on the TT which i wouldn’t get on with for all day rides. As an enduro bike i think it would be good.

riklegge

I’ve got the aluminium Capra, only done 4 rides so far but I’ve found it to be exceptional. It climbs better than my previous Tracer VP, slightly better than a Five (2011 version). Weight is about 30lb for my version, this could be dropped a reasonable amount with lighter tyres, tubeless, carbon bar etc.
    it seems to be an efficient pedaller, and in descent is very confidence inspiring; I think I’m right in saying that I’ve got PBs on every DH strave segment I’ve done since getting the bike.
    It is certainly more DH biased than xc, but I would be happy to ride full xc days in the mountains on it. If you prioritise more techy gravity riding then you will love it.
    I know it can be difficult to test ride them, but if you join the yt industries UK Facebook page there is usually someone helpful who can let you have a try.

siloseven
    Free Member

I would second what riklegge says – I’ve got the carbon pro model and it goes uphill quite well and absolutely flys downhill. I think you need to ride it fast over reasonably rough terrain to get the best out of it though, 170mm of travel can certainly smooth out a lot of the rough stuff. And in the interests of full disclosure, my frame has two very small cracks in the locations that a lot of them have so may have be returned if they get a lot worse. Just something to bear in mind.

gonzy
    Free Member

my nephew put has ordered an AL1 earlier this week. have to wait until mid october before it arrives so no rider review until then… 🙁

Lester
    Free Member

just came back from tour de mont blanc, one of our riders was on a carbon capra 1 x 11, there wasn,t anything he didnt ride up or down, the other bikes were saracan ariel, Knolly warden , coverts, bottle rocket and mega am.

so i would say it depends on the rider what he what she will get out of it 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Yt capra owner review/advice please’ is closed to new replies.