Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You've probably been asked similar question before.
  • Clem
    Free Member

Although new to this site I am not new to mountain biking and have being doing it for around 19 years now.

Anyway, Im after some advice from anyone who might have ridden or rides or knows a bit about what I am thinking of buying. I've been riding my current Specialized Rockhopper for 8 years now and and not only is it getting a bit long in the tooth, it's a bit battle worn from years of rides and races, I've certainly had my moneys worth out of her.

Alas I think it's time for a new bike and time to go full sus. I would like to stick with Specialized (I also have an Allez for summer training) and have always found them excellent bikes, however, I can't decide between the Stumpjumper Comp or an Enduro Comp. Although both different bikes, ones 'All Mountain' and the other 'XC' to me they actually seem remarkably similar only differences being slight geometry, more travel on the Enduro and the fact that it would be slower going up but quicker down.

At the moment I ride within the restrictions of my current HT bike but would be keen to be able to tackle descents with more speed, take jumps and drop offs with more confidence, be able to go on the downhill course at Cwm Carn but also be able to enjoy long rides like the Skyline at Afan and take part in the occasional XC race.

These questions are probably fairly dull and something you all get asked allot, but I don't want to regret my purchase wishing Id gone for the other so any tips would be most gratefully received.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

clubber
    Free Member

From what you've listed,, the stumpjumper sounds like the better bet to me.

The SJ will handle the Cwm Carn DH fine (plenty of people have ridden it rigid afterall) and all the normal trail centre stuff really doesn't need 5+ inches of travel though it can be fun to have it.

For XC racing, an enduro would definitely be a bit of a handful though it wouldn't be impossible.

Best bet really though would be to test ride them and see what you think.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘You've probably been asked similar question before.’ is closed to new replies.