Viewing 9 posts - 161 through 169 (of 169 total)
  • Your weekly cycling related bigotry, courtesy of James Martin & The Daily Mail!
  • grynch
    Free Member

I've just read his web site.. and the apology was hardly an apology in my opinion.. I mean really… He pretty much said he was sorry for writing the article, not for his actions.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I guess that means the incident was true and isueing a denial saying ti was a joke and never happened would look prety bad in court if the CTC ever finds the roadies in question.

feenster
    Free Member

He pretty much said he was sorry for writing the article, not for his actions.

Here's my paraphrase of his apology:

May I take this opportunity to grovel and save face after after the offence I have caused through the article in last weekend’s Mail on Sunday. I never realised this article would be read by so many of the spider men city boys whom us petrol heads barely tolerate using our roads across the country. It was intended to be a humorous piece aimed at fellow petrol heads, and I clearly misjudged the lack of sense of humour among spidermen city boys. Further more I do not condone any form of reckless driving, but what I did to those spiderman city boys was not reckless, it was just a laugh, and I don't see the problem with it.

Once again, I am sincerely sorry for the fact that I have made myself look like a prat in relation to this article.

James Martin

mudshark
    Free Member
    btbb
    Free Member

It wasn't an apology but an act of tv career protection by his PR company. I don't think this feeble overdue apology should let him off the hook.

grynch
    Free Member

http://newsarse.com/2009/09/16/tvs-james-martin-sorry-for-leaving-cycling-witnesses/

TV chef James Martin has apologised to car enthusiasts for leaving viable witnesses after forcing a group of cyclists into a hedge as he test drove a sports car.

Martin is said to have caused “sheer terror” amongst the cyclists as he herded them into the hedge whilst speeding in his latest wankmobile.

However, he has today apologised for the incident, claiming he was sorry for “allowing any of them to identify me.”

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

PCC replies…..

Dear Mr *****

Thank you for contacting the PCC with your concerns about the Daily Mail article by James Martin. The PCC has received a considerable number of complaints about this matter.

We will ask the Commission to determine whether there has been a prima facie breach of the Code raised by the article. We will let you know its decision as soon as we can, and hopefully in the next two or three weeks.

In the meantime, I note that the passage that has provoked the most concern has been removed from the online text.

Yours sincerely

Simon Yip

simon.yip@pcc.org.uk

Press Complaints Commission

Halton House

20/23 Holborn

London EC1N 2JD

jonb
    Free Member

Thank you for contacting the PCC with your concerns about the Daily Mail article by James Martin. The PCC has received a considerable number of complaints about this matter.

We will ask the Commission to determine whether there has been a prima facie breach of the Code raised by the article. We will let you know its decision as soon as we can, and hopefully in the next two or three weeks.

In the meantime, I note that the passage that has provoked the most concern has been removed from the online text and that Mr Martin has apologised for any upset caused on his website here:

http://www.jamesmartinchef.co.uk/pcc.asp?xpath=&xpathid=&lang=eng

Yours sincerely

I was going to post that! Seems like a stock answer.

Holmesey
    Free Member

Nigel Martin 'Mini-Chopper' is possibly the root of his problem

fat TV cook, Martin aged 14 3/4, actually advertises his 'Mini-chopper' as part of his cookware range.

Firstly, wasn't a mini chopper called a Chipper? (and quite crap)
    and secondly, perhaps if Mr & Mrs Martin had bought him a full sized Chopper, then maybe he wouldn't have such Small Man Syndrome and my not have become a TV cook.

😮

Viewing 9 posts - 161 through 169 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘Your weekly cycling related bigotry, courtesy of James Martin & The Daily Mail!’ is closed to new replies.