Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Your valentines…
  • johndoh
    Free Member

What did you get? Underwhelmed? Think s/he’s the best ever?

I wonder if anyone could have had as much of a half-arsed effort as I was at the receiving end of today.

chewkw
    Free Member

Who is Valentine? Rossi?

fasthaggis

nealglover
    Free Member

First class train Leeds to London.
    Night in a cracking hotel and a three course meal with champagne, cocktails and many gins.
    Best breakfast I’ve had in years.
    Wander round London looking at things.
    First class train London to Leeds.

Can’t complain 🙂

bearnecessities

I wonder if anyone could have had as much of a half-arsed effort as I was at the receiving end of today.

I’m sure it was an ‘accidental’ slip. I’m told rest and a cushion helps.

drslow
    Free Member

No gifts thankfully; we did book an overnight away in Glasgow, despite living just outside of Glasgow, coupled with dining in one of our favourite restaurants. That was last weekend, Valentine’s weekend we watched my sisters 4 year old so she and her husband could get a night out.

PrinceJohn

shermer75
    Free Member

I watched a movie with my neighbour in mutual consolation. Really enjoyed it actually! 🙂

mrsfry
    Free Member

Valentines day is stupid and only stupid people do it 🙁

@Fasthaggis Your off my ‘save from zombies’ list

shermer75
    Free Member

OP: more explanation would be lovely. Just a card? Something like that?

johndoh
    Free Member

I’ll save mine till later. Just wondering if anyone else got anything quite so crap.

JulianA
    Free Member

Married 17 years and still brilliantl!

garage-dweller

I got a second trip to IKEA in a single weekend today to return a wrong sized wardrobe. I am at least partly to blame for this screw up as in my rush to escape yesterday I didn’t double check the height.

Mrs g-d did offer to go to be fair. But I wasn’t going to mess up her day.

fasthaggis

@Fasthaggis Your off my ‘save from zombies’ list
    Phew!,at least I don’t have to do all those things on your other list now.

Sorry,but I did enjoy Deadpool as my valentines day film 😛

john_drummer
    Free Member

Valentine schmalentine. Overrated profit-making scam for the greetings cards companies.

And apparently nowadays, parents get Valentines cards for their offspring. Wtf? 😯

sc-xc

Mine was weird.

I got girl A a card, but girl B got upset. Now my wife is in tears. Probably shouldn’t have told her.

chewkw
    Free Member

sc-xc – Member

Mine was weird.

I got girl A a card, but girl B got upset. Now my wife is in tears. Probably shouldn’t have told her.

Crikey … you told your wife! 😆 😯

Now every time she feels upset she is going us that line against you … 😛

She will remember that for the rest of your life!

Never tell a wife about your interaction with another woman/women …

Never again me.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

I just cleaned my shop proper spring clean de-greased the rubber floor getting all the marks off so best valentines ever as nobody to fubar it

Drac

Nothing never bothered for years as its a load of shite.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Raced the bike, drank beer and had dinner with 3 blokes. Top night and talked mostly about riding all across the world. Top night.

kayak23

johndoh – Member
    What did you get? Underwhelmed? Think s/he’s the best ever?

Centreparcs was it?

mattbee

We want out for lunch on the Sat after the OS sportive we did in the morning.
    She was then working last night

toby1

Went to see Deadpool Saturday night, my wife insisted, it was great. Sunday we exchanged cards, cooked a killer breakfast, made a banoffee cheesecake. Then I cooked a Beef Stroganoff for dinner.

I don’t expect things for Valentines other than a card and I don’t even care too much about that, just show someone you love them in the things you do for them or do together.

rOcKeTdOg

I went for a 30 miles bike ride

hora
    Free Member

benji
    Free Member

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Nice buttplug.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Night in a cracking hotel and a three course meal with champagne, cocktails and many gins.

I first read that as cocktails and many girls.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Out for a meal Saturday night together. Woke up together

MoreCashThanDash

Had a child free walk in lovely winter sunshine. Then fell asleep on the sofa watching rugby.

nickjb
    Free Member

willard

Getting divorced. No valentines for me!

BigDummy
    Free Member

I played with myself in the bath.

gerti
    Free Member

I went for a 30 miles bike ride

So did I, although not with RD.

****’ headwind the whole way back and after a massive ulster fry too! Barf.

jimster01

Mine was thrilling….she let me wash her car, walk the dogs, do the housework, ring her MOTHER!!! and cook tea.

The job as a InterContinental Lorry Driver is very appealing.

Also sent a spoof email to a girl at work, then cancelled the email address. 😈

rocketman
    Free Member

mrs rocket has gone to Tenerife with the rest of the family so I had the whole weekend to myself

Fan-fricken-tastic!

hellz85
    Free Member

We got each other cards, went riding in cwmcarn for the day, went to McDonald’s on the way home because we were starving. Finished up the evening with a nice hot bubble bath and a glass of wine. Best valentines ever, much rather spend time with the one I love doing what we love than going to an overpriced restaurant and spending a fortune on gifts.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Wife ill with chest infection, kids ill with the tail of the virus that’s been levelling the local population, spent the day nursing them, apart from a two hour patch where #2 had his nap and I got out on the bike and the other two watched DVD’s from a sofa nest. Cheers Mrs S, best valentines pressie ever!

Made cards with the kids the day before (separately), got flowers for her and let her sleep until 11ish and then took the kids to the park so she could have a bit of peace.
    Int the evening had a bag of crisps and bottle of pop on the sofa after the offspring had been put to bed.

johndoh
    Free Member

Well I got a bottle of bubble bath and a card that said ‘Happy Anniversary’ on the inside with ‘Anniversary’ crossed out and replaced with ‘Valentine’s’.

To be fair my wife did pick it up from the middle of a display of Valentine’s cards so I can see how it could happen, but I feel utterly underwhelmed and a little bit not loved today. 😥

BigDummy
    Free Member

with ‘Anniversary’ crossed out and replaced with ‘Valentine’s’.

Better than “Congrats on Passing Your Driving Test!!!”, I guess.

😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Your valentines…’ is closed to new replies.