Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Your thoughts on intrepid apparel
  • joeditch
    Free Member

Recently been looking for some new kit and came across intrepid apparel, their designs look great although prices are a little steeper than many others. Had anyone been using any of there gear?

weirdnumber
    Free Member

The shorts got a decent review in one of the STW issues a few months back. Seem kind of expensive to me.

joeditch
    Free Member

Yeah they look decent but again its a gamble for a pretty much unknown brand

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I’ve seen some of their stuff and it looks pretty good quality. My son knows the company boss and says he is a top bloke.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

They look like some sort of cringe worthy mountain biking lifetstyle brand. Endura shorts are less than half the price.

DickBarton

Mate bought a top from our LBS and it looks very nice. No idea what he paid for it but it looks comfy enough for biking in…I’m interested in a couple of their tops but as I’ve yet to see the price, I may just be parking that thought if it is expensive.

monogramman
    Free Member

I have the soft shell jacket and a top. The quality is very good, yes it was rather expensive but I am happy with them.

The only thing I am not sure on is the jacket has a strip of velcro (soft side) across the hood, but it doesn’t attach to anything. Why is it there?

My main concerns were the white zip on the jacket and the transfer on the top. After getting covered in mud it went through the machine and came out looking like new. The transfer on the top is nice and thick so should not pull apart and crack like usual.

I am going to get some of their shorts eventually.

DickBarton

Does the hood stash away? Or does the jacket fold away to be stashed? The Velcro may join the other half for stashing…

monogramman
    Free Member

No. That is what I initially thought, but it is the soft side of velcro so it will not loop/hook to the soft fleece of the inner.

The hood just hangs loose, it is only small and quite fitted when worn.

The website doesn’t seem to be working at the moment but they are on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Intrepid-Apparel/201750823193975

lock
    Free Member

Great gear,if u are bothered about material and cut quality,
    I’ve only got jactect and t shirt at the mo but will get the shorts and race jersey soon

Very well made ,you can get cheaper like in all styles of clothes but I think u can tell the difference and I would happily pay for the difference and not moan about it

If you like the stuff and not bothered about price you won’t be disappointed

lock
    Free Member

The Velcro is to stick one of them alumnus green things on the back so cars can see you,you can get them from most bike shops

wrecker
    Free Member

Ok kit, not exactly ground breaking though. Horrifically overpriced. Davidtaylforth +1

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Your thoughts on intrepid apparel’ is closed to new replies.