Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Your Partner doesn't ride bikes – are they any good on bike stuff?
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

My missus doesn't ride bikes for anything other than the occasional pootle round the local woods on the fire road (2 or 3 times a year kind of occasional) but she's rather good when it comes to sourcing presents and recognising bike parts, not quite sure why but hey 😀

She can name various bits of bikes like cranks, brakes, cassette, forks, rear shock and for some bizzare reason knows good from bad 😕

She even managed to get the mother-in-law to buy me some nice cycling sock as a stocking filler.

Whats your non-biking other half like?

tiggs121
    Free Member

She has a secret biking pal who's advising her!!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Doubt it my neighbour asks me about stuff and thats about the nearest biker to us

ourmaninthenorth

Mrs North is also an occasional cyclist.

Thankfully, she does not indulge me in any form of cycle geekery whatsover, which I think is excellent. The minute i start burbling away, she politely informs me that it's just not important. And she's right.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Wonder if it's just my general geekiness rubbing off on her/being absorbed

alpin
    Free Member

my GF often surprises me with things she comes out with in relation to bikes. she'll often point out odd bike-builds or nice components.

she sat in the 'bike room' the other night rolling for my mate and I as we built up his new bike from scratch.

she's a good girl.

flip
    Free Member

My wife thinks red bikes are faster….

samuri
    Free Member

I can produce a brand new bike and say it's one of my old ones resprayed and my wife won't know the difference.

brakes
    Free Member

she recognises colours and numbers, but that's about it

her: didn't that use to be brown?
    me: it was dirty

her: I thought you only had two bikes, is that new?
    me: no, it's old – I sold my old frame to buy this one which was cheaper and I made £100 profit
    her: I can't keep up
    me: moo-ha-ha-haaa

steve_b77
    Free Member

My mates missus thinks his Orange 5 was all "bought" on the B2W scheme for £50 a month and that his brand new shiney inbred was 2nd hand off a mate of mine for £40!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Your Partner doesn't ride bikes – are they any good on bike stuff?’ is closed to new replies.