Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)
  • Your Favourite song of all time?
  • slowoldman

Which reminds me. Hendrix – The Wind Cries Mary.

jamj1974

Funkrodent. Shes a Rainbow is a real favourite of mine! Tramp is a song I have so many great memories of dancing to! Kinks and Nick Drake selections are brilliant too!

jezzep

Love reign over me, the who quadrophenia….

JeZ

badllama
    Free Member

Got to be this, want it playing at my funeral (eventually!)

[video]https://youtu.be/WC5FdFlUcl0[/video]

jezzep

Prefer Soundgarden to audioslave obviously lead singer was in both but if you didn’t know listen to badmotor finger by Soundgarden 😉

CountZero

Prefer Soundgarden to audioslave obviously lead singer was in both but if you didn’t know listen to badmotorfinger by Soundgarden

Which possibly proves that some things are greater than the sum of their parts. See: The Beatles.
    I’m not sure if Jeff Buckley has been mentioned or not, but Grace has some outstanding songs on it, and it turns out that there’s a bunch of new songs turned up in Sony’s archives that had been filed away and forgotten, so cue a certain amount of rejoicing from me.

crankboy
    Free Member

“Flag Day” by the Housemartins beautiful song great tune powerful lyrics and evocative memories of a lousy flat on the Quayside in Newcastle and an incredible gig at the Riverside .saw Stan sat on a junction box outside our flat and Hugh on a cafe before the gig too.

senorj

Totally impossible ,but at this moment in time it’s Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes….:-)

choppersquad
    Free Member

Good call for ‘Flag Day’.
    Just two albums from The Housemartins was not enough.
    Used to have the VHS of ‘London 0 Hull 4’ which had Norman Cook messing about with his first dj stuff.
    It got stuck in our video and is now forever lost.

TheFopster
    Free Member

Today this:

http://youtu.be/CGQo6zpVzt8

Under normal circumstances I’d probably go for this…

Redressing the balance regarding the shocking under-usage of the hurdy gurdy in rock music. Have loved them since I accidentally saw them live nearly thirty years ago.

Apologies for lack of embedding btw. Bloody iPad keeps crashing when I try.

niksnr
    Free Member

Bring me sunshine – Willie Nelson

gordimhor

Axis bold as love Jimi Hendrix

votchy
    Free Member
    smett72

Fade to Black – Metallica

pondo

Not particularly been thinking about this thread and there are many tunes that mean much to me, but revisited For Those About To Rock by AC/DC tonight and thought there’s probably not a tune that means more to me than that. Sat for hours before my first boxing match, atmosphere flat as a fart – comes time to put the wraps on and that tune put me right in the mood. 😀

integerspin
    Free Member

Voodoo Chile, Hendrix
    Back Street Luv, Curved Air
    Luney Tune, Alice Cooper
    21st Century Schizoid man, King Crimson
    Black Sabbath
    Interstellar Overdrive.
    One man rock and roll band, Roy Harper
    Archangel Thunderbird, Amon Duul

the list goes on and on and

jimster01

If you have a Spotify account get adding –

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Hurry on sundown -Hawkwind

😀

Definitely in my top 100. I can’t choose a favourite of all time but for today I’m going with Marvin Gaye ‘What’s Going On’

As poignant and heartfelt, as hopeful, groovesome and melancholic today as it was back then.

[video]http://youtu.be/2iDj1D2OimM[/video]

niksnr
    Free Member

Changed my mind!

Sheriff Fatman – CTUSM

Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Your Favourite song of all time?’ is closed to new replies.