• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Your favourite monster truck
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Don’t really know much about it but stumbled on this when browsing YouTube with my boy…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwjGo3kQgMw[/video]

Looks utterly mental, so Grave Digger gets my vote! Possible to go see this sort of thing in the UK? Reckon blobby jr would love it.

sbob
    Free Member

Another vote for Gravedigger. 8)

Saw some monster trucks at Santa Pod years ago, but it didn’t really compare to the US offerings.
    The tractor pull was still awesome though, but then I am about 30% redneck.

ourmaninthenorth

Saw one of the Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) at Silverstone 20 odd years ago. Just sort of tearing up and down the start/finish straight by the grandstands. Amazingly noisy!

mrblobby
    Free Member

I did find some footage of santa pod and it did seem ridiculously tame in comparison. Guessing it’s hugely bigger money filling a stadium in the US so they can afford the bigger repair bill!

tomhoward

+1 for bigfoot and all the vairous iterations (there were about ten as I recall? *checks* nope, 21…)

racefaceec90

gravedigger for me also 8)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

My god. Does that thing destroy itself EVERY time they start the engine?
    The driver must have very little skill, even less brains, massive kahunas…. And a limitless bank balance! 🙂

manitou
    Free Member

This is my favourite Monster Truck… major riffage alert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y63lztm7Sys

BillOddie

I took my boys to Santa Pod last year and it doesn’t live up to what you see on Youtube/Extreme sports etc. Still bloody load!

However, Monster jam is apparently coming back to the UK this year, hopefully.

We have the Monster Jam Xbox game too which is moterately entertaining…and the toy cars…etc etc

My boys love it. (I quite like it too…)

Favourite truck?

brakes
    Free Member

the one from my childhood.
    it was a transit van called Sky High (or Sky something) – I’m sure it made TV appearances too.
    it came to my local park when I was a kid, and trashed the place much to my Mum’s disgust. Loved it.

I’m sure I saw Grave Digger and Big Foot at Croft or some other race track as a kid.

bookwyse
    Free Member

Either the Transit which was Skyhigh as my old man helped build it or for a proper beast Grave Digger.

As for tractor pulling , love it , watched it since the eighties but then again was brought upon a diet of custom vans and drag racing…….

theotherjonv

Utterly pointless.

But brilliant at the same time.

wiggles
    Free Member

Watched some in the millennium stadium a few years ago from a corporate box (go me!) They had the roof shut and you could still here them from the other side of Cardiff practicaly. Was insanely loud inside.

Grave digger was the best, one managed to lose a wheel and do a backflip at the same time.

mrblobby
    Free Member

However, Monster jam is apparently coming back to the UK this year, hopefully.

😀 shall keep an eye out for this

Drac

Seen them about 20 odd years ago now. Impressive looking and noise but what a dull show.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Your favourite monster truck’ is closed to new replies.