Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Your favourite bit of cycling clothing?
  • iainc

Howies NBL long sleeve merino base layer. It has outlasted all my Icebreaker stuff and is as comfy as ever

Klunk
    Free Member

gill event jacket
    endura singletrack shorts
    spesh bg short fingered gloves.

loddrik
    Free Member

Altura altitude jacket, might not have been the blingiest but it was by far best bit of bike gear I’ve ever had.

Hummvee shorts are pretty indispensable too.

AngusWells

A Ground Effect Rock Lobster long sleeve ‘summer’ jersey. It’s over 10 years old and other kit has come and gone in that time, but it still gets pulled out regularly no matter what the season. I don’t think it pongs too much.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Defeet Merino arm skins.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Sombrio wildcard shorts (the thick herringbone ones. Great All-weather shorts.

MoreCashThanDash

Struggling to think of just one item. In no particular order:

Gilet – until I tried one, I had no idea how useful and versatile they were.

My ProBikeKit el cheapo knee warmers – turned all my shorts into 3/4s for very little money, great for commuting on chilly morning/warm evening kind of days

My Bamboo Clothing zip neck long sleeve base layer – as good as my Icebreaker, but quicker drying and doesn’t smell of wet sheep.

Baggies for commuting – no more worries about the Fat MAMIL look when getting into the office. Now more Fat MAMIB(aggies)

crocodilian
    Free Member

Endura leg warmers.

Kato

Specialized BG Ridge Long gloves

ace

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Y’aright, Kato, old chap?

For me?
    Buff. Epic bit of kit in all manner of forms. Merino is my current fave.
    Troy Lee XC Gloves – as above

stratman
    Free Member

Endura BaaBaa
    Goretex Phantom II
    Endura Singletrack trousers

nick3216
    Free Member

Sideways merino long sleeved top. Both of them

Amos
    Free Member

Troy lee moto shorts and my Rapha merino long sleeve my wife bought me, buggered if I’d spend that much on a cycling top but by god it’s good fits me o well….

AlasdairMc

In general terms, SPD shoes are the most important biking item for me, one that just can’t be substituted for anything else.

However, my Icebreaker zip top is definitely the individual garment I like the most. It gets worn year round.

cheers_drive

DeFeet Woolie Boolie socks

orangeboy
    Free Member

Lake winter boots
    Specialized therminal winter bib tights
    And a buff of any description

I_Ache
    Free Member

I love my RockGardn Karma shorts and Oakley fluro yellow gloves.

Both just feel right when wearing them.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Icebreaker merino chakra zip top. 200 weight. I have 5 or 6 of them and wear them all the time for all the outdoor sports/activities I take part in.
    Bike specific, a pair of altura semi-dry 3/4s (waterproof bum panel, normal shorts material elsewhere. Functional and I’m told my arse looks great in them! What’s not to like?! 😉

Superficial
    Free Member

My Decathlon riding shorts. They’re fantastic – comfortable, strong and they’ve got plenty of pockets. I’ve had other pairs of riding shorts alongside the Decathlon ones, and even the Endura ones costing three times as much aren’t as good.

robsoctane
    Free Member

My Nike lycra cycling shorts – bought from Sports Direct – £25. I’ve spent £000’s on gear and they’re the best buy by far… Really good fit and pad.

tazzymtb

this

Sue_W
    Free Member

Depending on the season:

Winter – merino wool buff and Gore Alp X waterproof shorts

Summer – Ruu-Muu Violetta cycling dress – feminine, summery, and practical 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

A Descent winter top from 1988, still in regular use.

corroded
    Free Member

Assos Mille bibs / Roubaix tights / 3/4s
    All brilliant. Wore the bib shorts on my 13km commute this morning and it felt as extravagant as rocking up in a Rolls-Royce.
    I’m also looking forward to a pair of BiPosto merino boxers from Lab Gear (courtesy of a recommendation on here) with indecent enthusiasm.

stewartc
    Free Member

My Endura Singletrack shorts are the best shorts I have ever owned, first item to be picked out of the cupboard everytime.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Odlo long sleeve base layer.
    Works over a huge temperature range, washes well, stays in shape. 4 years old and still awesome…

hambl90
    Free Member

My troylee Xc gloves

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Paramo Velez smock. Waterproof and very breathable and despite feeling like it will be too warm I don’t seem to overheat due to the ace ventilation. Another month or so might see it retired for the warmer months tho’

donks
    Free Member

Ground effect baked Alaska top which I’ve had for 6 years and is still going strong.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Your favourite bit of cycling clothing?’ is closed to new replies.