Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Your favourite bit of cycling clothing?
  • jwmlee
    Free Member

What is your favourite piece of cycling clothing – the item you wouldn’t do without?

In winter, it would be my Gore Phantom II Jacket closely followed by an Icebreaker Chase Beanie. Both superb in terms of regulating body temperature.

AndyP
    Free Member

Ground Effect Ristretto.

honourablegeorge

Had a pair of Cannondale shorts I really liked. Ripped the arse out of them in Morzine years ago, have never found a pair of riding shorts I like as much as then, Were a lovely light but durable (until then) material.

Nowadays, I have an Adidas Schley jersey that I’m fond of, but above all, Troy Lee Air gloves.

njee20
    Free Member

Difficult one! Probably my Assos Roubaix bibtights, they’re just great!

Stoner
    Free Member

long sleeve merino quarter zip tops.

Worn all year round. In winter, maybe where a jacket on top, in summer, not.

psling
    Free Member

3/4 bib knickers, a collaboration between Gore and Assos a few years ago and sadly no longer available these days.

rickon
    Free Member

Altura Waterproof shorts. There are no words to describe how nice it is not having a wet sandy arse.

thomthumb
    Free Member

atm gilet.

but winter boots for £/ enjoyment factor

titusrider
    Free Member

Bright red alfa romeo jersey with massive alfa roundels front and rear
    similar to this:

followed by the recent aquisition of a mavic black softshell which has been great and really versatile

soobalias
    Free Member

endura humvees

i think – the ones with the zips and pockets everywhere. gotta be pushing ten years old.
    infact i might buy a new pair

teasel
    Free Member

I have a pair of the Spesh Windtex jersey from about 11 years ago. Wonderfully versatile garment but starting to get a bit ragged around the cuffs nowadays. Be a sad day when they finally die…

crazy-legs

My Endura FS-260 Pro LS windproof top

Cross between a jacket and a jersey, light but warm, good sized pockets (one zipped) and a close fit without being skintight. Really versatile, pretty much a 3-season top.

chakaping
    Free Member

A tatty old grey Pearl Izumi T-shirt which has got holes in, has dubious looking tree-sap stains and is the best fitting, most comfortable and breathable biking top I’ve tried.

Endura 3/4 singletrack shorts

Also my free (with mbuk) buff

soma_rich
    Free Member

Ground Effects Flash Gordon merino jersey where it most days I am riding throughout the year except when its really really hot.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

My 5.10s. Closely followed by my blue 661 gloves.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Endura under-shorts. Lovely padding. Ooh.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

At this time of year probably my rapha softshell jacket. A truly fantastic piece of cycle clothing.

There isn’t any item of cycle clothing I couldn’t get by without though.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

assos mille bib shorts

can do 100 mile rides wearing them and not have any discomfort…dont even need chamois cream. All my other shorts i seem to get a sore arse after about 50 miles.

just wish they werent so expensive 🙁

piemann
    Free Member

My long sleeve heavy knit on-one merino top. It’s the nuts as far as I’m concerned and it was less than £20. I pretty much live in it.

rocketman
    Free Member

Quite like my 661 Evo ff. It puts me in the right frame of mind.

AndyP
    Free Member

My colleague would say his Aldi jersey. He wears it 5 days a week to commute and washes it at the weekend*. Bargin at £10.

*He f*cking stinks.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Skins base layer. Wear for about 90% of the year. Excellent wicking and temperature control. Nearly 3 years old and still in very good condition.

njee20
    Free Member

3/4 bib knickers, a collaboration between Gore and Assos a few years ago and sadly no longer available these days.

The F.I.Gore, tried to order some of those at the time, looked excellent!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ahhh ok then & in no order & I don’t wear them all together either & I use them on either Roadie & MTB’s….a few bits I can’t do without…

Rapha 3/4 bibs
    Icebreaker Merino midlayer
    Euskatel circa 08′ L/S top.
    Buff
    Assos Spring/Fall socks
    Rapha Rain Jacket

binners

Sombrio Highline shorts. More comfy that a comfy thing. And really well ventilated, plenty of air whistling around your nether-regions

headfirst
    Free Member

My collection of buffs, which are mainly mag freebies. I absolutely HATE having a cold neck.

avdave2

Lusso thermal bib tights which are around 20 years old.

ourmaninthenorth

assos mille bib shorts

Yep. Wore the lycra so thin on mine you can see the sun shining…. 😯

UK-FLATLANDER

Sugoi Gustov shorts brilliant baggies

Pieface

used to be a gore windstopper phantom but bought a Montaine micro pertex windproof and its way more versatile.

MSP

assos mille bib shorts +2

Its the most expensive bargain you can imagine.

Albanach
    Free Member

Fox Incline Gloves had two pairs for the last 4-5 years and still in great nick*

*Not done a huge amount of riding in the last 12 months

stgeorge

Shimano AM40’s

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My ancient Buffalo windshirt.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Got to be 3/4length tights for me too, I seem to use them 90% of the time, as they suit such a wide range of weather conditions, road or MTB. Been using one kind or another for 12 years!

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Rapha merino base layers. Does everything a base layer should, including fit well, and at £90 for 3 not too bank breaking. Wear em off the bike as much as I do on.

Gore Tool softshell. Done 5(I think) winters of 5 day/wk commuting & roadieing. Looks a bit scruffy now but still warm and still mostly waterproof. Excellent piece of kit.

Oh, and kneewarmers, generically.

chvck
    Free Member

My Sombrio shorts, worn them on every ride (bar 1) in the last couple of years including a large amount of falling off and they’re still completely fine! I do also very much like my buff.

fontmoss
    Free Member

The F.I.Gore, tried to order some of those at the time, looked excellent!

Got some normal length versions, great shorts and good price too. Spoke to Gore shortly before left bike shop about getting more and they said they weren’t actually meant to get to UK market….

brakes
    Free Member

a pair of Scott shorts that I have – they’re riddled with holes but they’ve survived years of riding and crashing.
    do pads count? if so, my 661 Kyle Straits – they’ve revolutionised padded riding!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Your favourite bit of cycling clothing?’ is closed to new replies.