Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Your favourite beers – session, seasonal, specials – and beershops…..
  • binners

slowoldman

Anything from Bollington Brewery.

binners

mattyfez

High Wire – Magic Rock

https://www.magicrockbrewing.com/beer/high-wire/

Or their Salty Kiss on a hot day

PJ266
    Free Member

Eagle Bays Vienna Lager and ESB

Used to be my local brewery that, ESB was my favourite.

Gage Roads Single Fin is far too easy to drink on a warm summers evening.

sbob
    Free Member

sadexpunk – Member

was going off beer a bit until i tried one from lidl called plum porter by titanic brewery. bluddy lovely, and i meant to bulk buy next time i saw it but never seen it since :-/

Probably my favourite pint as well, I’ve served it a few times. 🙂
    It’s even better on cask.
    I don’t tend to drink bottled or keg beers; you just can’t beat a properly conditioned cask ale, although they are a rarity.

woody2000

All except the half sugar ones eh Binners 😉

Loving American IPA/APA style beer currently – Sly Fox Phoenix, Beavertown Gamma Ray, Brooklyn East IPA, Anchor Steam……..

Thirsty now 😉

kiwijohn

Mostly preferring red and amber ales, we became huge fans of Mac’s when we were in NZ
    I have no idea how on trend it is but they offered a number of refreshing brews for pennies that were perfect for cooling down after hot days in the scorching sun..

I miss Macs. Used to pick up cases of damaged label stock for summer holidays for half price, straight from the brewery.
    Sadly they sold out to Lion-Nathan, but the McCashins have bought the original Stoke brewery back & are making beer again under the Stoke label.
    Feeling homesick for a Macs Gold now.

binners

scud
    Free Member

I think Binners is having a party…. shall i bring the snacks?

What was it about Babycham though that meant it was fine to give to a 7-8 year old child? Or was that just my family? for some reason my folks didn’t seem to consider it alcohol

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just getting reaquainted with the Punk IPA, elvis juice is a bit of fun too.

sbob
    Free Member

cheese@4p

That Farmers Belgian Blue is an odd beer, cant make my mind up about it.
    Another shout for Magic Rock brews, all of them as they seem to be variations on an excellent theme.
    Vocation are also great, especially Life & Death

IHN

Twattingtons Old Cockstrop. Well, that is until they moved the brewery.

🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Oh and the 7/8 of our World Beer Degaustation from a couple of months back

Our Ales

woody2000

cheese@4p – you’ll be having a few today no doubt, Happy Birthday old chap! 🙂

Jason

gallowayboy

Another shout for Magic Rock brews, all of them as they seem to be variations on an excellent theme.
    Vocation are also great, especially Life & Death

Yes!

I still love Pint from Manchester Marble though, If it was on as a regular i’d have it every time.

It’s midday on a Thursday, I’d better keep off this thread!

trail_rat
    Free Member

brewdogs milk stouts lovely(jet black heart) too but its a long drink not quick drinker.

dont often see it.

frankconway

Interesting cellar you’ve got there Binners; any more gems knocking about?
    Harvey’s bristol cream?
    Getting back to the subject….Ridgeway Brewery have a range of christmas beers a – black elf, bad elf, very bad elf, seriously bad, criminally bad, insanely bad.
    Can’t imagine what the two ultra strong brews from brewdog would taste like – tactical nuclear penguin at 32% and sink the bismarck at 41%; both still available at beer ritz in leeds at big discount.

Alex

Whenever we ride in the lakes, always pop into Hawkshead brewery for a case of http://www.hawksheadbrewery.co.uk/beers/149/lakeland-gold–.aspx

I drink far too much Punk IPA nowadays especially having been a proper beer drinker in my youth. Otherwise it’s Wye Valley HPA in the summer and Wye Valley Butty Bach in the winter.

scud
    Free Member

trail_rat – Member
    brewdogs milk stouts lovely(jet black heart) too but its a long drink not quick drinker.

dont often see it.

May be worth checking your local Tesco, mine was selling this off at 90p a bottle last night, so bought 11 last night ready for xmas

dazh

Uh oh, a beer snobbery thread. I see Binners is already on the case!

Anyway, currently I’m mostly drinking gose (Magic Rock Salty Kiss et al), and weird IPAs like Wild Beer Trendy Juice. A while back I was drinking a lot of vinegar-ey sours but haven’t come across many of those in the usual Manc craft ale haunts.

And just for Binners, if you mix White Lightning and Special Brew you get something much better than either of them on their own.

trail_rat
    Free Member

cheers for heads up scud. ill head that direction once the posties been !

pick up some mothers pride while im there too (from the other thread about sandwich cutting)

llama

Our (newest) local brewery: http://www.electricbearbrewing.com

Not a million miles away from what brewdog do (alcohop in small bottles) but it’s local and make some nice ones (the lager and the Heisenberg being my faves).

If you come across it then buy it.

frankconway

Beer snobbery? The range of beers is so much better than when i started drinking and quality is, generally, so much better.
    I wouldn’t want to return to the days when the only bottles in the pub were newcastle brown, newcastle amber, barley wine, mackeson & guinness export; and on the pump tartan, scotch (beer, not whisky), exhibition, fed special in the working men’s clubs.
    I like where we are in the beer world.

BoardinBob

Oh yes, The Brooklyn IPA is immense!!!

matplant
    Free Member

Birmingham / West Midlands drinkers – I can highly recommend this place located in the Jewellery Quarter, superb beers direct from the brewery, tap room open on Saturdays (1-8) :

https://mobile.twitter.com/BurningSoulBrew

http://www.burningsoulbrewing.com

sbob
    Free Member

dazh – Member

if you mix White Lightning and Special Brew you get something much better than either of them on their own.

You should try the three for £10 rose they sell in my local post office shandied with WKD blue. 8)

scud
    Free Member

frankconway – Member
    Beer snobbery? The range of beers is so much better than when i started drinking and quality is, generally, so much better.
    I wouldn’t want to return to the days when the only bottles in the pub were newcastle brown, newcastle amber, barley wine, mackeson & guinness export; and on the pump tartan, scotch (beer, not whisky), exhibition, fed special in the working men’s clubs.
    I like where we are in the beer world.

I agree here, there is a lot of pretentious twaddle in the marketing of it, but underneath all that there is some great (and unusual) beer being made.

As a lad on South Coast there was no hand pull beer at all, you drank lager, gassy John Smiths or Guinness, a treat was going in a pub to find they had Newcastle Brown! Moved to York for my student years and was amazed at all the different real ales or as i think they should be called…beer.

Any other Beerbods members on here? I know Greg May and a few others partake?

trickydisco
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGJVTV6c8P8[/video]

toby1

It’s not even binners posting, there’s no words, it’s just a binners bot to keep us all amused.

While there is little wrong with liking what you like I find it hard to see why anyone would like fosters, but people drinking 24 packs of these leaves good beer on the shelves for me.

Thornbridge AM:PM for me at the moment either that or Fourpure Session IPA, but I’m a hipster **** as far as beer is concerned.

As for buying I use eebreia a fair bit, or direct from the breweries these days too.

beej

As so many of the beers in our excellent local shop (The Inn at Home, Newbury) are limited run I tend to look for certain breweries.

Tiny Rebel (loved Clwb Tropicana)
    Siren
    Wiper and True
    Wild Weather
    Red Cat

Then I just avoid sours and smoked beers and I’m generally happy.

trail_rat
    Free Member

bah no cheap jet black heart here for me at tesco (i live in brewdog land – its my local drinkable brewery…..deeside brewery has rohypnol in it i swear…. couple bottles of that and i pass out,

How ever who ever said elvis juice …. id always looked at it and went naaah.

Well i bought some tonight ….. and its 17:07 and the first ones gone , thats so light and drinkable for an IPA….. possibly a new staple to replace punk – all the undertones of punk with a citrus overtaste. I like.

also if you like strange beers try “fierce brewing co” its a couple of engineers that used to work with us going it alone having been brewing strange shit for about 10 years. Some interesting shit from them . Thai green curry beer ! (and it actually tastes good)

goldfish24

Anything by vibrant forest. My very favouritest brewery this year.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Frosty Jacks for breakfast and to tide you over until lunch then it’s Tennents Super all the way baby.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80Dbl0O0r7k[/video]

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Your favourite beers – session, seasonal, specials – and beershops…..’ is closed to new replies.