Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Your cough remedies
  • chimptastic
    Free Member

Have been stuck with this damn annoying chesty sore cough since Thurs, which has now peaked into me constantly coughing. I've tried all the usual cough medicines/syrups for coughs in the past and they never work. Any suggestions, as I can't get out on the bike at the mo not even make it to the gym 🙁

valleydaddy
    Free Member

whiskey/hot water/sugar/piece of ginger

also try vocalzones from chemist, they taste foul but really do help a throat out, maybe relieve cough

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

It's not the cough that carried him off, it's the coffin the they carried him offin 🙂

beagle
    Free Member

Gonna keep my eye on this one. I've been coughing like a champ for over a week now. Doing my nut in!!!!

cassin
    Free Member

Carvonia night time does the trick…

chimptastic
    Free Member

Cheers guys, think I'll just buy them all. I'm quite intrigued by what a 'Robitussin high is' after googling. Is that you're secret Muddypuddle? 😀

Suggsey
    Free Member

CrabbiesMac- seemed to work for me was very soothing (suspect it had something to do with the strong ginger as per one of the earlier posts).

thehustler
    Free Member

similar to above, whiskey honey lemon hot water and a spoonfull of sugar

AlasdairMc

Laphroaig

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Once knew a bloke – 6'4" 19 stone Glaswegian – who's remedy was a litre bottle of Bells.
    Came downstairs in the morning to find an empty bottle, when asked if it had cured his cold he replied "Och no, but it's sure shifted the symptoms round a bit!" 😆

geoffj
    TN
    Free Member

When I had something similar recently the only thing I found that worked was the honey/lemon juice/hot water thing – heavy on the honey as that seemed to stave the coughing off best of all.
    I tried the whisky addition – and also on its own – and I have to admit, reluctantly, that it didn't help mine at all. That's okay though, it meant more left for when I felt better…
    Hope you all feel better soon. Coughing is exhausting.

scaredypants

chesty cough as in coughing stuff up & rattly chest? – you don't want to stop that matey, cough it up

If you feel proper poorly & the stuff you bring up's pretty colours you could talk to your GP

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Your cough remedies’ is closed to new replies.