Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Your commute – Distance? Average speed?
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Live at the top of one hill and work at the top of another.

The optimist would have said downhill going to work, downhill coming home.

clowner
    Free Member

Turns out commute is 10.5 mile (17k) not 11.

Commute is flat (70m elevation change) and is half rural roads half in town.

Best recorded average on trek hybrid (FX7.6) is 32.6k/20.25mph which was logged on my GPS.

On hilly loop (800m climbing) average on the hybrid is 27k

thekingisdead
    Free Member

18 miles. 18mph average.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    richcc
    Free Member

Clowner – does gps give true average – distance/time taken or average discounting stopped time? Just curious how the gps works it out. My cheapie comp does the cheating one

hamishthecat

About 14.5 miles – about 15mph. Pretty hilly including a two-black-arrows-on-the-map hill 30 seconds into the ride from home bit of a killer in the mornings…

clowner
    Free Member

Does both.

Get an overall workout average which includes stoppages and a 'moving' average which doesn't

mrmuddybum
    Free Member

11 miles in 42 mins is my fastest commute so far, averaging just under 16 mph, and there is 345 metres of ascent in that 11 miles.

Spud

7.5 miles, about 30 mins in and 40 ish back (long draggy uphill).

radoggair
    Free Member

Thats some average speed, 22mph in and about 20.5 on the way back. Thats very impressive if true

It's not that quick for a road bike if there aren't many lights.
    I've certainly averaged 23-24mph over 70ish miles without pushing it on traffic light friendly roads.

Can i applaud your troll. To average 23-24mph over 70 miles solo WITHOUT pushing it is team pro rider speed, in fact probably faster ( unless your sitting behind a truck on a slight decline for 70 miles ). Maybe your mixing kph with mph?

Here's me thinking i was fit!!

trail_rat
    Free Member

aye did you not see him zooming off infront of you at ten under the ben G ? he is fast as **** !

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Dont worry Radoggair, you are a superfit dude.
    However, I can complete my 14 mile commute in 20 minutes without breaking sweat.

Junkyard
    Free Member

15 miles in about 45-60 ish mins depending on wind or how much I can be arsed
    No showers at work so not overly sweaty pace

Dirtynap
    Free Member

8.1 miles door to bike shed, through the middle of town, lots of traffic lights and roundabouts but pretty flat.

MTB average (9 speed) 32 minutes
    Road bike average 28 minutes
    Car average 45 minutes
    Thats all on the same route.

So pretty much 16mph.
    I now go in car via the motorway and do it in 15 minutes. Can't ride at the moment 😥

Nainosliw
    Free Member

around 15 miles each way – 4 days a week in a good week. About 50-55 mins, mostly controlled by lights, wind etc.

Route is a combination of Sustrans, minor roads and a stretch of main road.

Glasgow

radoggair
    Free Member

trail_rat – Member
    aye did you not see him zooming off infront of you at ten under the ben G ? he is fast as **** !

So thats what those flames were

( love your sarcasm, now hurry up and get to texas 🙂 )

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Your commute – Distance? Average speed?’ is closed to new replies.