• This topic has 46 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Nick.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • "You'll need new discs and pads mate"
  • Nick

I had a Citroen BX and wore the rear disc down so much that it sheared off the hub, made this odd sort of metallic spinning noise as you drove along, didn't seem to make and appreciable difference to the car's breaking ability 😯

coffeeking
    Free Member

Nice! Very jealous. (to genesis, not about the citroen :D)

boriselbrus
    Free Member

What the hell are you guys doing? I used to commute 40 miles a day on tight and twisty B roads in a 2 ltr Toyota Carina and after 100k miles the brake pads were about a third worn. No signs of wear on the discs at all. Tyres lasted 50k miles. Keep it smooth and anticipate, and it saves you shed loads of money to spend on bikes…

coffeeking
    Free Member

What the hell are you guys doing?

Not driving smoothly 🙂

wwaswas

"…difference to the car's breaking ability"

BX's spent most of their time broken anyway 😉

MrOvershoot

wwaswas – Member

"BX's spent most of their time broken anyway"
    Very true, I had an 86 BX that was the most unreliable heap of junk I have ever owned (and I have had some real howlers in my time)

Try here for quality parts

Nick

I thought that linking the braking and the suspension hydrolics together was a particularly fine idea, I have fond memories of driving along without any brakes or suspension after the system contents leaked onto the the M1, a combination of engine braking, leaving a qtr mile gap in front of me and handbrake got me home.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘"You'll need new discs and pads mate"’ is closed to new replies.