Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Youlgreave – Off-Road routes
  • rucknar
    Free Member

I’m going to Youlgreave camping in a month, just wondered if anyone knew any good routes (within 6/7 miles) that would be worth taking on? I’ll probably be with a mixed group so anything is good really…

Thanks

Absolutely loads pal – nothing amazing actually at Youlgreave but good rides very close – Birchover, Stanton, Chatsworth, Edensor, Bakewell. Some a bit cheeky though!

jekkyl

that 5 shires route goes through youlgreave and starts at matlock, someone will be along I’m sure to give you more info but if they don’t email me for a route listing and map.

If you’re after a shorter route there’s a certain large historical house over the hill through the woods, which is a nice ride.

joemarshall
    Free Member

For a really mixed group, there are the railway trails right near too (Monsal is closest, but High Peak & Tissington too). Generally flat, traffic free, wide, good for kids, no interesting riding but nice scenery.

rucknar
    Free Member

Thanks Joe, sounds ideal for the group. May go hunting myself once they are done!

large418
    Free Member

Word of warning – the Tissington trail is downhill most of the way to Ashbourne. Which means your Mrs will could moan like buggery all the way back up the 1% gradient.

jekkyl

Word of warning – the Tissington trail is downhill most of the way to Ashbourne a totally shit tarmac’d trail

ftfy

Being born there I can say with some authority NO NO NO NO it’s YOULGRAVE!!!!!!!! no matter what the signs say (at one end of the village it’s right and at t’other it’s wrong).Normaly only incomers call it youlgreave and in fact to the few born and bred locals who havn’t been priced out of the housing market by wealthy retirees it is and always will be known as Pommy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Youlgreave – Off-Road routes’ is closed to new replies.