Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You would think we would at least get a thank you!
  • curtisthecat
    Free Member

Watching a film last night, I hear a bit of banging and slamming doors and think nothing of it. Two minutes later Mrs Curtis comes flying down the stairs in her nightgown and out the front door. I give chase wondering what’s going on. I get outside to be confronted with the man 3 doors down frantically trying to get buckets of water into the kitchen of the lady 2 doors down. Turns out her kitchen was on fire. We frantically dumped water on the fire, then I went and got my fire extinguisher and battled until the smoke was too thick. The lady that lived in the place was next door crying frantically(turns out she got back after a night out and decided to have a fag and swept the ashes in the bin…pissed) Anyway the emergency services arrived and put the rest of the fire out and treated and checked everybody over. It was after 0130 by the time we got back to bed. As I arrived home tonight, she was moving her furniture outside(she is also moving house). She shot me the dirtiest look and not a word of thanks or even acknowledgment. I would always help somebody in need/distress but the rudeness of some people leaves a sour taste.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Probably extreme embarrassment. You earned some karma. Chill (and well done).

4ndyB
    Free Member

wee in her shoes, claiming they were still smouldering from the fire

cynic-al
    Free Member

TORCH HER KITCHEN 😡

Oh…

Tom83

TORCH HER KITCHEN

Oh…

Seconded.

russjp
    Free Member

Recently upon hearing a smoke alarm nearby I went investigating and found smoke coming from window of a neighbours house. She had gone out and left a pan on the hob and i was smoking a good-un and on brink of catching fire. Realising I wasnt going to get in without breaking a window i knocked on some other neighbours doors and luckly found someone with a spare key. We went in, removed pan from hob and opened a few windows to vent the house and saved a fire! Not even a thank you from her when she got back, or even a passing smile when I see her out now!

shindiggy
    Free Member

Probably prevented an insurance claim, lol

skiboy
    Free Member

+1 for the karma, rudeness or embarrassment it don’t matter when karma tokens are up for grabs,

i was riding my motorcycle to nightshift 15 yrs ago when i saw a granny go down on some ice outside the local hall, i stopped and helped her up and took her inside, the myopic group of biddys all came outside to thank me but instead ended up thanking this idiot passing by, who lapped up the praise and even got a mention in the local rag for his good doing,

never mind i got the karma tokens, he no doubt at some time paid for his lies,

well done

curtisthecat
    Free Member

The funny thing is that she has never been nice or friendly to us. She is the only one on the street like this. She constantly scowls at me and doesn’t reply when I say good morning/evening. I have a feeling that she is recently divorced and sees my wife and I happily married. Only a theory.
    Never mind at least there was no loss of life(luckily her son was at his dad’s) and the damage was only minimal.

backhander
    Free Member

You need to be a bit bolder IMHO.
    Following the scowl, maybe a cheery “EVENING, no need to thank us for trying to put your fire out until 1AM YOU’RE WELCOME”.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘You would think we would at least get a thank you!’ is closed to new replies.