Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • You think you have trouble with your parking place?
  • gofasterstripes
    Free Member

This guy is going to be in for a shock when he comes back.

People have been parking in here for a few weeks since the electricity co. started working and unlocked the gates to this bit of wasteland. I had been considering doing just this with a spare padlock as a really mean practical “joke” [there’s often three or so cars parked here], but decided against it.

It seems the contractors had had enough [though their padlock is a lot smaller]. They probably wanted to move the last of the earth from in there with their mini-digger today and tarmac over the hole in the pavement.

I await 5pm with interest. My window is open for the shouts of rage.

martinhutch

Hmmm. Could be on dodgy ground legally without ‘private land – no parking’ type signs.

Can’t say I blame them though. Looking forward to picture-based updating!

stevied
    Free Member

Have you got a camera to video the unfolding frivolity? 😀

Suggsey
    Free Member

😆
    Don’t suppose the owner has a hands free phone kit either….see it all the time, can afford £ks on a posh motor but not a hundred quid to be hands free on the phone……..this time his/her tightwadidness is going to have them cussing.

wwaswas

Park a car across the gates too?

GrahamS

That’s a viral video just waiting to be filmed right there.

lemonysam
    Free Member

That in spades. Get a camera set up.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Hmmm. Could be on dodgy ground legally without ‘private land – no parking’ type signs.
    Can’t say I blame them though. Looking forward to picture-based updating!

Is that how it works? Thought that just applied to car parks. After all, that’s only a short way from dumping your car on your neighbours drive.

BoardinBob

What a shit tip of place!

crankboy
    Free Member

“Could be on dodgy ground legally without ‘private land – no parking’ type signs”
    why genuine question. If some one parks in my garage I can’t shut the door if I have not put up a no parking sign. With or without signs the car driver is trespassing . no one has touched or clamped his car they have just locked the gate . As long as they don’t refuse to let him out when he contacts them what legally have they done wrong?

ThePinkster

Going to have to keep an eye on this. As said above, it’s screaming out for a video feed.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Whoops, deleted my own post

But, where the restriction of the movement of the vehicle is by means of a fixed barrier and the barrier was present (whether or not lowered into place or otherwise restricting movement) when the vehicle was parked, any express or implied consent (whether or not legally binding) of the driver of the vehicle to the restriction is, for the purposes of subsection (1), lawful authority for the restriction.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/section/54/enacted

retro83
    Free Member
    timthetinyhorse

Don’t suppose the owner has a hands free phone kit either….see it all the time, can afford £ks on a posh motor but not a hundred quid to be hands free on the phone……..this time his/her tightwadidness is going to have them cussing.

How would this be of any help to said car owner?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

What a shit tip of place!

martinhutch

“Could be on dodgy ground legally without ‘private land – no parking’ type signs”
    why genuine question. If some one parks in my garage I can’t shut the door if I have not put up a no parking sign. With or without signs the car driver is trespassing . no one has touched or clamped his car they have just locked the gate . As long as they don’t refuse to let him out when he contacts them what legally have they done wrong?

Think it’s the 2012 law – the same one that prohibits clamping on private land. Anything preventing the owner from removing it I think falls foul. Can’t quote it chapter and verse mind you.

Also, if the workmen have buggered off for the day, have you got access to a hi-viz tabard for additional wind-up fun?

hypnotoad
    Free Member

Even if you only have a camera phone, get it ready, make sure you have plenty of space on your mem card. 🙂

crankboy
    Free Member

good link lemonysam I would argue park on private ground behind metal gates that have historically been locked and by implication you consent to the idea the owner might shut and lock those gates.
    ” (3)

But, where the restriction of the movement of the vehicle is by means of a fixed barrier and the barrier was present (whether or not lowered into place or otherwise restricting movement) when the vehicle was parked, any express or implied consent (whether or not legally binding) of the driver of the vehicle to the restriction is, for the purposes of subsection (1), lawful authority for the restriction.”

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I do. But there’s no way I’m going down there to be chased around!

Also, sadly it has the name of a company on it, so I suspect I would get rumbled.

I am at the window working on the laptop with the phone set up. Best I can do.

Unless you lot have better ideas [be quick!] they probably leave early 😉

ThePinkster

Think it’s the 2012 law – the same one that prohibits clamping on private land. Anything preventing the owner from removing it I think falls foul. Can’t quote it chapter and verse mind you

Doesn’t that only apply to designated parking locations, not privately owned non-designated land?

woody2000

Where is it Sam, might have to have a ride past on my way home 🙂

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

My car is 14 years old and already covered in dents. I know what i’d do…. <imagines cliche car chase scene of busting through some closed gates>

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, wondering the relevance of this one. 😕

We came feed needed. Come on OP, get it set up. 😮

sobriety
    Free Member

It could be someone working on the site’s car, and they’ve gone to the pub and will get the train/bus home…

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

It could be someone working on the site’s car, and they’ve gone to the pub and will get the train/bus home…

Boooooo……

There’s no work going on today though.

Don’t get too excited you lot! I’ll video it – that’s all I can say.

I don’t think I can livestream it, and if I try you know they’ll come and go before I have time to set it up.

GregMay
    Free Member

Don’t wuss out on this. You need to stay and wait for it. You owe it to us?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I am waiting by the window working on the laptop with the phone/cam set up 😀

I’m just saying I can’t livestream the vid.

martinhutch

But, where the restriction of the movement of the vehicle is by means of a fixed barrier and the barrier was present (whether or not lowered into place or otherwise restricting movement) when the vehicle was parked, any express or implied consent (whether or not legally binding) of the driver of the vehicle to the restriction is, for the purposes of subsection (1), lawful authority for the restriction.”

Not sure how you’d satisfy the necessary ‘implied consent’ in these circumstances.

But who cares? Let the fun begin, OP! What is it anyhow, some kind of Touran? Range Rover Evoque or Jaguar would have produced better results.

teadrinker
    Free Member

You need to stay and wait for it. You owe it to us?

This is true, you can’t tease us with it and then go home leaving us empty. It’s your duty to stay until things happen. I think there is some internet law on this somewhere………

cannondaleking
    Free Member

As above tis the law of the tinterweb no snippets of data just full story’s with conclusions and summary all finished and concluded then pawed over tis law I’m afraid SO JUST STAY DUDE I’m on a knifes edge now waiting too hear and poss see what happens next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

It´s outside my home.

Stop laughing!

martinhutch

Central Bratfud is a location packed with hidden charm. 🙂

Very well hidden in this case…

jota180
    Free Member

Of course, that presumes you can identify the prankster 🙂

fasthaggis

I’m on a knifes edge now waiting too hear and poss see what happens next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP

Remember that thread on here about the guy that found an old locked Safe in a house move?

Now that was knife edge stuff 🙂

martinhutch

There is still time to stick your padlock on it as well – that way, when the contractors eventually turn up to let him out, they won’t be able to get it open!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Gaaaaah!

Cheeky sod – it was his padlock! Only in Bradford…..

I add mine next time, eh?

piemonster

That’s actually still fairly amusing

timidwheeler

Boo

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m not sure who was most trolled here.

You lot, or me?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘You think you have trouble with your parking place?’ is closed to new replies.