• This topic has 56 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by loum.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • you shouldn't laugh but – Liverpool FC
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Managing to offload players to free up cash to sign nobody 🙂

It’s like the STW classifieds Buy for huge cash get bored sell for peanuts

andrewrchambers
    Free Member

Brendan Rogers must be feeling pretty worried (And probably really foolish after the start Swansea have had). I hope he doesn’t end up looking as depressed as Roy did in a few weeks.

MSP

I think they will be ok this year, not pushing for the title, but I expect that they will start to build towards better football under Rodgers, as I think they would have done under Hodgson if they had stuck by him.

Much will depend on the fans allowing the team and manager time to build his ideas, now they got the disaster of Daglish out of their system, a bit of realism and more importantly patience might be in order.

voodoo_chile

Lets judge at the end of the season, or does the media say we must pick the league standings after 2 games

loum
    Free Member

you shouldn’t laugh but – Liverpool FC

You watch any football? or just read the sun?

Junkyard
    Free Member

It requires too much Scouse hating to gloat about this and so early in the season 🙄

He will be disappointed but not as disappointed as I am to see another one of the gloating dismissive football thread so early in the season…its going to be another long one isn’t it.

He needs time and that time is more than 2 games before anyone can say anything about how well he has done
    yours Man u fan

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yes I do. Not as much now I live in oz. The shipping out of players for way less than they paid is a little amusing. Not signing a striker will probably cost them especially if suarez can’t get going or picks up a knock/ban.

Mostly happy to see the newcastle squad in tact

voodoo_chile

A little amusing ….do you think that as you ring your little bell for your butler to get your porsche ready !!!!
    Cannot see why that can amuse anyone ….strange

Sit down and enjoy a season of football …..if the daily mail will allow you to

starrman82
    Free Member

You may have a point although i don’t really agree, Adam & Carroll never gonna be good enough. I think Arsenal are more of a joke TBH.

anagallis_arvensis

Could be worse you could be a villa fan like me.

MSP

Unlikely that there would be 2 😉

trailmonkey

Could be worse you could be a villa fan like me.

+1

i think he’s made some good signings to be fair, but i can’t see it being enough to keep us up.

in a strange way, i don’t think it will be a disaster if we do go down. the prem is not the place to build a team of youngsters and that’s our only option at the moment.

Jase
    Free Member

A few good players made moves that Villa should have been interested in e.g. Adam Johnson.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

As a Fulham fan, let me say it was screamingly obvious to everyone what game Liverpool were playing with Dempsey. Tap tap tap tap, all summer long, and then a late and derisory bid to make Fulham cave in.

Lovely straight bat play by Fulham. I can almost imagine they were on the phone to Levy saying “They’ve offered x, make it x+abit and he’s yours”

trailmonkey

A few good players made moves that Villa should have been interested in e.g. Adam Johnson.

we can’t afford adam johnson type wages though

neninja
    Free Member

I’m gutted the way Liverpool have been going for years. They’ll never return to the heights of the 70’s and 80’s without huge investment and a total overhaul of the squad.

They’ve got a squad and manager who can only really hope to finish 6th at a push. I can’t see them finishing above either Manchester clubs, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea.

Their lack of new players reflects badly on the owners and Rodgers.

PrinceJohn

You can’t blame Rodgers for the current situation, the money spent under Dalglish was obscene for the type of player they bought.

If they can find someone who can actually convert all the chances they create they’ll be laughing, Dalglish would still be in the job now if they converted half the chances they created & Liverpool would probably be in the champions league.

jimmy

I love it. One team on Merseyside this year…

voodoo_chile

Tranmere!

DrJ

They’ll never return to the heights of the 70’s and 80’s without huge investment and a total overhaul of the squad.

What – you mean ANOTHER huge investment, and ANOTHER total overhaul of the squad?

higthepig
    Free Member

Tranmere!

+1

Russell96

Drogba has just been released by his Chinese club so is now a free agent, wonder if there will be any Premier clubs scrambling to speak to him..

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Off-loading Carroll is going to come back and bite Rodgers on the ar5e, IMHO. Subtle he ain’t but towards the end of last season and with England, in the summer, he was getting his form back. Let the other nine outfield players play the tippy-tappy stuff, lump it up to him and there’s a good chance he’ll score or set someone else up.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I don’t work in IT. I don’t drive an Audi. I don’t read the Daily Mail or The Sun. I have watched football for approximately 25 years.

I am amused by Liverpool’s fumblings. And I don’t personally see any good coming their way this season.

What pigeon hole am I in?

br
    Free Member

It’s like the STW classifieds Buy for huge cash get bored sell for peanuts

I know nothing about football, but players wages are high, so maybe its not about cash-in and more about reducing cash out?

glupton1976
    Free Member

I am bemused by Liverpool’s fumblings. My present train of thought is that Bendon Rodgers is a yes man who says what people want to hear. He bangs on about introducing a passing game to Liverpool FC and how he has developed the young players that he’s given starts to in the last couple of games.

I’m sorry but Liverpool have always played passing football and infact their team from the 70s and 80s is up ther with the Brazil team of 1970, the current Barcelona team and Real Madrid of the 50s when it comes to the passing phylosophy. LIVERPOOL HAVE ALWAYS PLAYED PASSING FOOTBALL.

As for bringing in and developing youngsters – Benitez and Dalglish put all of that in place, and Liverpool have always brought young players through…..

I wish he would stop pretending that he’s some sort of footballing brain and just get on with it.

There is also the small matter of people praising the performance against man city. We beat man city 3-0 last year….

PrinceJohn

There is also the small matter of people praising the performance against man city. We beat man city 3-0 last year….

& Man City this year so far aren’t as tough a nut to crack…

traildemon1
    Free Member

As a chuffed west ham fan, I think liverpool should have kept carrol! he may not suit their style of play but with the right delivery hes a serious threat and a real handful for defenders!

Northwind

I don’t pay a lot of attention to english football,but the fact that liverpool can only manage 2-1 against Hearts tells me they must be pretty rotten. I’ve seen pub teams that can do better than that. 5 a side pub teams!

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

traildemon1 – Member
    As a chuffed west ham fan, I think liverpool should have kept carrol! he may not suit their style of play but with the right delivery hes a serious threat and a real handful for defenders!

+1. Another chuffed west ham fan here.

glupton1976
    Free Member

He’s injured now though. I dunno, someone loans you “35million” “worth” of player and you break him in the first game. Hope you’re going to pay liverpool for a replacement… 😉

voodoo_chile

Slimjim, 25 years of football, table football doesnt count and regards you being “amused” I am sure “the chuckle brothers” are playing an auditorium near you
    I have pre ordered your prawn sandwiches, brown or granary?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Glupton – as soon as Shaun wright Philips pays us for breaking Dean Ashton, we’ll settle up with ‘pool. 😉

coogan
    Free Member

My personal view is for the fans and players to stop rambling on about ‘this is Liverpool FC, we should be doing this and that and we will challenge for the title this year, next year, the year after, we should have that player, that manager etc etc’ and just concentrate on sorting out the team. Build it up and be prepared to stop being delusional. They won’t challenge for the title for years! When have they come second? 3 times in the last 20 odd years? Third a few times but usually miles behind 1st. They won’t even get a top 4 spot for a few years at least. They’ve never been consistent enough. And when a few years back when they did for once push for the title it was Rafa who lost the plot and blew it.

PrinceJohn

Short or Man City/Chelsea type investment these days can any other club challenge for the title?

I can see Man U struggling when Fergie goes, Arsenal, probably the ‘best’ run club in the top four can’t compete in the league any more….

Long gone are the days when a so called provincial club like Forest or Derby will ever be able to challenge for the title again, such a shame…

& I do say this as a Man City fan…

voodoo_chile

Princejohn, i think your views are spot on, ferguson will be sorely missed when he goes, he is great at what he does
    Liverpool are a long way off not just the team but the club in general, hopefully brendan can change the attitude of all associated with the club but we said the same about kenny,roy,rafa and gerard
    Gonna be a big job

weeksy

I’m a little bemused, Liverpool brought in
    Sahin
    Allen
    Borini
    Assadi
    Yesil

However according to some, we’ve not bought anyone in this window. I make that 5 players.

Add to the fact we’ve unloaded players on massive salaries like Kuyt, Maxi, Adam, Carroll and moved on Spearing, Bellamy.

That in my opinion anyway is the best window Liverpool have had in 10 years…. bloody brilliant in fact.

When you take into account that Rodgers is a 1 striker man, that means that massive strength in depth up front isn’t actually a complete prerequisite. It also provides the chance for Gerrard to be push into a full on offensive role in the formation, which is of course is best position.

Allen has been exceptional, Borinis’ movement has been brilliant, Sahin is of course a class act, and 2 youngsters…

I struggle to see where it’s gone wrong?

weeksy

Carroll showed last night brilliantly why he shouldn’t be at Liverpool. He was superb for the Hammers from what i saw… however, he was superb at exactly what he’s supposed to be, a big target man. I don’t want a big target man, neither it seems to Rodgers… Carroll may well be a superb player at West HAm or indeed whowever he signs for next.. .i still don’t want him at LFC though.

Cletus

Liverpool did not beat City 3-0 last year. League results were 1-1 at Anfield and 3-0 to City at the Etihad. Liverpool did win 1-0 in the League Cup.

TBH I was reasonably impressed by Pool’s performance against City a couple of weeks ago. The team looked pretty disciplined and made more effort than they sometimes showed under recent managers.

I think that they must have been expecting to sign another striker before the window shut – I think that this will come back to bite them before January.

I think that having appointed Rodgers they need to keep faith with him for at least three years. Even after this they cannot really expect to be on a par with teams like City and Chelsea.

Whatever happens I am willing to bet that Rodgers will comfortably outlast AVB at Tottenham.

loddrik
    Free Member

I think the way Carroll has been treated, all to publicly, has been shocking. He’s going to prove his worth at west ham and I hope they have the sense to bring him back after his loan year.

It’s all well and good rodgers being commited to his philosophy, and looks to Barcelona for his inspiration. But Barcelona have two goalscoring monsters in Messi and David Villa, we don’t have any goalscorers in the team now, someone needs to be able to finish off all this promised creativity.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘you shouldn't laugh but – Liverpool FC’ is closed to new replies.