Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • You lot on Twitter?
  • danielgroves
    Free Member

My twitter feed is full of tech related stuff and thats about it (other than the Singletrack guys). What are your Twitter user names?

Mines @danielsgroves.

camo16
    Free Member

Yeah, I have a Twitter acc somewhere, but never use it…

I still have no idea how or why non-famous people Tweet. Who reads these Tweets?

unklehomered
    Free Member

mine is TheUnklehomer – i think, never use mine, but I do the twitter account for our trailbuilding group. @singletraction1 give us a follow! We tweet pics, and, errr stuff about building trails.

freddyg
    Free Member

I opened an account to see what the fuss was all about. IMHO it’s a bit rubbish.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Yeah, its good for groups and organisations to communicate, or – dare i say – network, but for personal conflabing, its a bit balls.

danielgroves
    Free Member

I should warn you all that mine are likely to be somewhat geeky tweets. And pictures of bikes in pieces everywhere.

unklehomered – Followed.

freddyg – I guess it’s not for everyone 🙂
    camo16 – Those who find you interesting. I guess in my industry (I’m a Web Developer) it’s probably a bit more common that others. We live online after all.

camo16
    Free Member

camo16 – Those who find you interesting.

Ah – that’s it, then. 😳

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

No. Random followers are the last thing I need.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

@WorldClassAccid

It wasn’t until I started on Twitter that I realised how dull I really am 🙁

Fortunately most of the rest are equally dull – except those following me of course 😉

Cougar

@ukcougar if for some unfathomable reason you want to follow me. You probably want to check first, I do talk some crap.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’m @peatylloyd. Pretty much everything I tweet is bike related or funny retweets.

bencooper
    Free Member

@bencooper

I regularly get mistaken for some American song warbler, and recently was mistaken for the controller of Radio 1.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

This may surprise you but I tweet quite a bit about the Big Bike Bash (www.BigBikeBash.co.uk)

I also tweet about Southampton Bike Park which is another one of my projects.

I also tweet other stuff and retweet some stuff

Drac

Those who find you interesting. I guess in my industry (I’m a Web Developer) it’s probably a bit more common that others.

I doubt that.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Big Bike Bash has its own twitter feed…

@bigbikebash

spread the word 😉

Ed2001
    Free Member

now following you. 🙂

bigblackshed

Same as username. Haven’t used it in about a year. My life is too dull for twitter and the like.

piemonster

ukcougar

sniggers

danielgroves
    Free Member

Right, followed the lot of ya. Relying on ya’ll to keep me entertained at work tomorrow now 😉

ojom
    Free Member

Yep. @seafooddinner

Although it is basically pish.

titusrider
    Free Member

I have an account, use it quite alot professionally for networking, keeping up with blogs, asking questions of experts in the field, marketing , promoting my blog, etc

as above i work in IT so we are all geeks and love it!

(also great for keeping up with cycling results and news discreetly!)

danielgroves
    Free Member

(also great for keeping up with cycling results and news discreetly!)

Also guilty of that one.

Drac

Yep. @seafooddinner

Although it is basically pish.

With that name surely it’s pêcher?

bearnecessities

I don’t bother with facebook, twitter etc. I’m too cool* to need that stuff.

* It would publicly display how few friends I have.

rOcKeTdOg

I’ve met some great people and been on some top biking days because of twitter, if you stick at it and engage in conversations it’s very engaging, if you just lurk its a bit pants, get involved

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

@Warbs11. I’m not particularly interesting mind.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I am up to 27 followers now – how many before I call myself the Messiah?

Most seem to be mountain bikers strangely enough

Cougar

ukcougar

sniggers

Yeah, I was “Cougar” long before its current meaning. I’ve had some interesting messages from hopeful teenage boys.

wallop

I’ve met some great people and been on some top biking days because of twitter

Yet you blocked me 😐

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Yep,

@c00lhandluke

I quite like twitter.

timc
    Free Member

yer man, @timcondran

rOcKeTdOg

wallop – Member

I’ve met some great people and been on some top biking days because of twitter

Yet you blocked me

who are you on twitter?

allthegear
    Free Member

@rachel_norfolk

Still finding it hard to believe I have > 500 followers (mainly web developers). Even more surprised I’ve lost none over the last couple of weeks… 🙂

Rachel

mikewsmith
    Free Member

stalking following
    @smithmichaelw

It’s useful as a following tool, you have to use it to follow easily
    It’s good in disasters – has been used for comms in the recent bombings
    It’s good for events – used at conferences

follow if you likes, it’s mostly pics of my work travels (stomping round random cities on my own) an sunny dusty Oz with bikes. Also works for advertising, the missus is @squizardo and uses it to promote a clothing brand who she gets freebies from 🙂

ask1974
    Free Member

I opened an account to see what the fuss was all about. IMHO it’s a bit rubbish.

This…

The most unfathomable means of communication… @ this and # that? No idea and zero inclination to learn, occasionally have a look to see if anything interesting has been said but tend to find it’s news I’m already aware of. I can see it’s uses but it’s not for me really.

allthegear
    Free Member

It’s usefulness largely depends on the availability of accounts of the people who influence you and may influence you in the future. If you can build up a good network (and that takes effort), it really shines. I’m probably a “people person” so for me it really works.

Given all the stuff I have going on in my life, it’s good to vent and, for some bizarre reason, I have received a huge amount of support along the way via friends I first met on Twitter. And yes, I now know many of the pepper I follow in real life.

Rachel

Stiggy

I’m @MtbTwix, all bike related stuff.

Drac

The most unfathomable means of communication… @ this and # that? No idea and zero inclination to learn

The @ is just like an email address or phone number so very easy, the # is misused so not worth worrying about.

rOcKeTdOg

the one thing i don’t understand is how upset people get when they get unfollowed like its a personal insult, other than that it’s fun

Drac

Don’t think I’d even notice.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘You lot on Twitter?’ is closed to new replies.