• This topic has 41 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • You know youv'e had a shit day at work when….
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

‘you get in from work at this time of night & have to throw all your prison uniform in the bin’
    (quoted on FB by a friend & ex colleague of mine)

How do YOU know when youv’e had a bad day?

perchypanther
    Free Member

‘you get out at this time of night & have to throw all your prison uniform in the bin

Andy Dufresne – Best day ever.

cloudnine
    Free Member

When I haven’t spent at least 4 hours of the day on stw and had to actually do some work..

bails

funkmasterp

I went to work

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

@bails, tone it down a bit man, It’s a public forum! 😆

Teetosugars
    Free Member

When I go downstairs and I’ve run out of Koffie. 🙄

Bruce

When you have cycled home from work and you are still grumpy with a simmering internal rage. Yesterday did not go well at work !

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

When your “boss” gets his lackey to ring you to say he doesn’t believe your electrical test results so you sit in the works van with approx £100K of test equipment in it, at the local harbour wondering if you should roll the van down the slipway……..

alric
    Free Member

when you just carried 20 crates of food up to the 3rd floor, including 50 kg of bottled water, really trying not to be rude,to a great big fat woman who claims she has a bad back(on account of her obesity),and when you get back to the depot the manager and his assistant are waiting for you, ‘a customer called to say you were swearing at her’

Northwind

When I have to deal with the UK Visas and Immigration agency in any way whatsoever. I feel dirtier than printer guy

scaled
    Free Member

When i had to work from home because all my bikes had been nicked while I slept, yesterday 🙁

jonnyboi

My wife came home from work last night and stripped of to her knickers on the patio.

Thought it was going to be a good evening, but it turned out she’d had a similar day to the prison office friend of the OP. She’s a nurse… 😯

shermer75
    Free Member

Bails- that is amazing! 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Agreed, properly lol’d on a train.

pondo

And in my Manc hotel room. 😀

nealglover
    Free Member

you get out at this time of night & have to throw all your prison uniform in the bin

Andy Dufresne – Best day ever.

:mrgreen:

zntrx
    Free Member

When you get home 15 minutes late because the brand new XT rear mech you fitted yesterday is bent and causing the chain to skip between gears. (As when you changed the tyre last night after indexing the derailleur it was late and you forgot to thread thread the chain round the pulleys).

RichPenny
    Free Member

I’m rebuilding jonnyboi’s patio. Today was **** great 😀

sbob
    Free Member

How do YOU know when youv’e had a bad day? [list]

When I have to call the police and an ambulance.

wallop

That printer thing actually happened to me once.

newrobdob
    Free Member

How did that printer thing happen? Surely not just from dropping a toner cartridge?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

When the last flight out to Tassie that I’m booked on is pushing back as we come into the gate next door.
    Or if I’m in the office when I slump into the seat at the bar downstairs and look pissed off until somebody hands me a beer

slowbloke
    Free Member

Last Thursday. It was definitely last Thursday. One of my last bad days at work as it was so bad I resigned. Now to use my 3 month notice period to work out what I do next………

hodgynd
    Free Member

When both myself and the missus have had next to nowt to eat all day and have decided to order a Chinese takeaway ..gone to order by phone and only then realise it’s Tuesday …the only day they are closed 😥

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

I think most of the damage is done when you realise it’s going, going, gone and then try to catch it, the spinning and twirling as it smashes into the ground gets the toner *everywhere*.

Have watched our printer man do it once. Mess was nowhere near that bad, but he was black to the waist and the printer room cleanup took 3 days, and one new printer (apparently getting toner all over a printer when it’s running is really really bad for it.)

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Shit day at work.
    When the test car makes a funny noise whilst stopping, then smoke comes out from under the bonnet.

Or a piston tries to come through the bonnet.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Well balls at least you have your new fancy dress outfit sorted. Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder.

FuzzyWuzzy

…when I didn’t get the work done I was supposed to and have more work added by the end of the day (this is pretty much a normal day, they’re all shit)

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

When there is cement everywhere it shouldn’t be. Or something blows up

jimdubleyou

A bad day at work usually starts with being woken up in the middle of the night because something is broken.

But I work in IT, so none of it is as bad as being vomited/shat/etc on.

chrismac

When you get a letter tell you that you are risk of redundancy and are pleased

Bream
    Free Member

How about going from the best day ever to the worst; this was mine back in 2007 😯

aphex_2k
    Free Member

When someone says “this is the investigating officer, and the coroner”

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Or something blows up

That used to be a good day in my old “office”..

amedias
    Free Member

when you realise the bad day was actually ‘yesterday’ but you’re still here trying to sort out the clusterf*ck

Flaperon

When you’re 5 minutes from going home after 7 days straight at work and someone does something so monumentally stupid that your day is extended by a further 90 stressful minutes, followed by a paperwork exercise akin to rewriting the Encyclopedia Britainica.

JoeG
    Free Member

😯

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_ntegUzBwA[/video]

timidwheeler

😯

Well that puts everyone else’s moaning into perspective.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Long way round consisted of boggy wet heather grass and rocks.

All within earshot if the A9

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘You know youv'e had a shit day at work when….’ is closed to new replies.