Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • You have £350 to spend
  • cookeaa

Clothing/lid/shoes for either or some cheap flights…

breninbeener

I think wheels make a massive difference to a bike, so depending on what you are running currently then maybe some secondhand lighter wheels that can be kitted with some lighter tyres for days of going fast. Or maybe a wheel build jig and buy some rims and hubs and learn to build your own?

oldtalent
    Free Member

Road- haha no chance, not ever.
    MTB – I would put the money towards a set of fox 36’s, or a santa cruz bronson/nomad, or a commencal furious.

trail_rat
    Free Member

250 quid of diesel and a chunnel ticket for the camper

RustySpanner

Road – New frame.
    Spa Audax, Surly Pacer etc….

MTB – some Hope brakes, cassette and chain.

Lovely…

scc999

Road – winter boots
    MTB – Dropper and shock service / Jedi.

onandon
    Free Member

Depends where the bikes are starting from. If they are both 7k superbikes then get some skills training or nice tools.

If they’re BSOs then plenty of things to upgrade.

Decent cloathing can make a huge difference as can good tyres.

transition1
    Free Member

Someone won 3rd prize on foxy’s raffle.
    Gravel bike: maybe Carbon bars & seat post
    MTB: fuel for more trips to Wales

moonsaballoon

Depends on the condition of your bikes I suppose but my full suss could do with a suspension service and some bearings probably. But that is pretty boring , what I really want is new wheels and I quite fancy tying one of these 2.6 tyres for the front .

alpin
    Free Member

MTB is sorted. Can’t justify a road bike given I’ve only worked about 18 weeks this year.

I would put the money towards food and fuel and bugger off for a few weeks in January…. In fact, that is exactly what I am doing. 27th head down to Liguria for three weeks and ride my bike, smile, get some power back in my legs, lose some weight, drink fine wine, eat some fine Italian food and give myself some breathing space…

It’s been a long and emotional year spent mostly in hospital at my mother’s bedside. Need some me time.

breninbeener

Alpin, enjoy that. It sounds well deserved

CheesybeanZ

Skillz course , drops and jumps.

docgeoffyjones

some 1 on 1 coaching. I paid £105 for three hours with Katy Curd and it was really good.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Probably towards a power meter.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Road – put it towards a set of carbon wheels.

MTB – enter a load of events up front/ pay for a coach

GolfChick
    Free Member

Road: I spent a fair chunk on a complete bike which I still pay the finance for so nothing necessarily for it. Rather I’d get an elemnt bolt to use with it and maybe some new bar tape just to jazz it up a little.

Mountain: because I have full suss and hardtail I’d spread the money a little. Pay for the seals and fluid to be able to do a lower leg service on my revelations. I want a luftkappe for my pikes. Could do with a new mud tyre for the hardtail rather than fix the hole the huge twig made. Maybe some DHR tyres for the bronson. My saddle is a little bit worn so a new and slightly lighter WTB volt saddle for it. Might hire the shockwiz for a day too to check over the suspension on both bikes.

I’d definitely spread it out for more bang for my buck rather than one big purchase but that’s because the spec on all bikes is how I want it to be.

taxi25
    Free Member

mtb. Buy some suspension forks for the thing !!

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Perhaps some nice wheels for the road bike. Can that be done for £350?
    Mtb – skills course probably best place to spend it. Who is best at teaching me to go round corners without a)braking or b) falling off or c) both?

molgrips
    Free Member

Maybe a power meter for the OP.

granny_ring

A day with Jedi (3 or 4 of you go) and the rest on a dropper post.

kayla1
    Free Member

Sell the roadie to up the budget for the MTB.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Mtb: Coil shock though my air one is getting tuned and I have high hopes. Or some drive train bits, saint shifting and 165 cranks.

Road: I’d also like to try 650b on my Plug and some luggage would be nice.

tomhoward

Someone won 3rd prize on foxy’s raffle.

Sell it for a huge profit?

milky1980
    Free Member

MTB: new rear rim for the one and a new SLX drivetrain for the other.
    Road: lighter wheels.

TBH the road bike is just a commuter so doesn’t really need anything as it’s a budget runner and apart from the knackered rear wheel on one MTB they’re both fine! Yes I have struggled to come up with present ideas from my family to get me…

firestarter
    Free Member

Road.. No ta
    Mtb.. Probably a park truing stand and a maxxd or Toro light

metalheart
    Free Member

Some Maxxis 2.8″ rubber and an airshot….

johnw1984
    Free Member

Ohh! I’ll play.

Road: Nice second hand frame for the turbo

MTB: Hope Brakes, or maybe Jedi again. Went last year and it was great!

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘You have £350 to spend’ is closed to new replies.