Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You Did Not Cross Any Segments – Garmin 500 Problem
  • KungFuPanda
    Free Member

Since late last year, my Garmin 500 hasn’t recorded a single segment despite my crossing probably hundreds on my usual routes.

I wasnt that bothered on the winter training bike but after getting the best bike out again I would like to know how I’m doing against my last years times.

Has anybody got any suggestions for what the issue may be? It has always been a bit temperamental, recording segments about 75% of the time (and usually not recording when you’re having a good day and feel like you’ve been flying). I don’t really want to have to buy another GPS. My settings in Garmin all seem to be unchanged but I have a vague recollection it may have stopped recording segments after an update.

Thanks.

DickBarton

Is it recording all your ride?

mbr30
    Free Member

As above just clarify what you mean by not recording a segment? Are you talking about Strava or Garmin segments?

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

try a hard reset (save your data to an external drive first)

KungFuPanda
    Free Member

The unit is recording all of the ride but when I upload to Garmin connect it says ‘you did not cross any segments’.

Its baffling, because when I look in detail at the ride, it clearly has crossed segments.

Dibbs
    Free Member

It’s probably because you’re the only person still using Garmin segments. 😉

DickBarton

Do you have a Strava account? If so, is that showing you riding in segments? If so, I’d suggest the Garmin website has gone daft again…

allan23
    Free Member

My 510 hasn’t recognised a Connect segment since September last year.

I have a couple uploaded to the device and it pops up the countdown and runs the virtual partner OK so I know that the Edge is working.

Looks like a bug with the Connect Site but I haven’t cared enough to raise a support query yet, don’t care enough to go back to Strava either.

Wasn’t sure if it was a privacy thing as I have my Connect profile locked down.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘You Did Not Cross Any Segments – Garmin 500 Problem’ is closed to new replies.