Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You can keep your VW T5s ……
  • failedengineer

http://www.van-sport.co.uk

That’s more like it!

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

That’s quite some premium for a body kit, wheels and stickers.

ads678

Ugly as sin! No thanks.

MoreCashThanDash

I want a van to be practical and comfortable. Low profile tyres and body kits don’t do it for me.

I grew out of wanting to be in The A Team about 30 years ago.

woodster

You can keep your Transit…

Pigface
    Free Member

Don’t see a lot of WRC in the Transit but why not, I don’t find it offensive.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Yup, I will be keeping my T5, thanks

failedengineer

Fair enough. I’d only seen a picture of the grey one. Still I’d always go for a Ford over a VW, me. However, I’ve no intention of buying a van. I just thought that with all the van-love on here, someone would drool over it.

hatter

You can keep your VW T5s

Thanks, I will.

jimjam
    Free Member

£650 sticker pack, where can I sign up? Oh and a quad pipe exhaust? I wonder how many BHP that’ll add.

CountZero

I’d happily take the Trannie over the T5, I think it’s a much sleeker looking vehicle, but I couldn’t be doing with all the fancy graphics, it would be a solid colour all over, with the inside fully done out. Keep it subtle.
    Given the money, I’d even look into a 4×4 version of the Custom, if such a thing is possible.
    I wouldn’t have that Merc, though, too top-heavy for my tastes, I don’t need all that headroom.

mark90
    Free Member

I think I’ll keep mine too

wrecker
    Free Member

What is this thing of beauty?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Looks like it was ramraided through Ripspeeds front window 😯

jimjam
    Free Member

You’re all totally wrong of course 🙂

CountZero

hammyuk – Member
    Looks like it was ramraided through Ripspeeds front window

😆
    Looking around on the net, it seems that the 4×4 version is the bigger 2 tonne van, rather like the Sprinter wrecker is getting all moist over. 😉
    I have found an American conversion of the Ford Transit, by Quigley, but their Trannie is somewhat different to the European version, it’s RWD, and has a 3.2ltr V6, but it looks pretty nifty, apart from the rather gaudy grill.
    Taking a large van along Moab trails doesn’t look like a trip for the faint-hearted:
    http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2015/04/quigley-motors-now-offers-ford-transit-4×4.html
    All I need now is a lottery win, and I’ll import a Quigley 4×4 Trannie.
    Without fancy graphics.

Gotama
    Free Member

That merc pictures is Brian lopes’ new van. There was an article covering it on pinkbike a few weeks back.

mos

I’ll stick with the T5 ta. Tranny DCIV’s have a fixed bulkhead & fixed rear seats so about as much use as a dog bab facepack to me.

wrecker
    Free Member

That merc pictures is Brian lopes’ new van.

Ooh ya ****er.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Anyone remember this?

Built by the Ford rally guys in their spare time, the size of the intercooler alone give it away that it wasn’t just a body kit!

hammyuk
    Free Member

Remember the mid-engined one as well?
    Full twin-turbo’d V6 9000rpm monster.

beefheart
    Free Member

I grew out of wanting to be in The A Team about 30 years ago.

I never did.
    This is still the coolest van ever. Fact.

colp

How about a 375bhp T5 4motion?

Carlex 375bhp Kombi

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Thanks OP for letting me know I can keep my T5. Thats very good of you.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Looks a state colp so im out. its looks like someone traded in their S line to buy it. its a van – its not a german “executive” car – so why try and make it look like one.

that econoline is awesome ! – but id have(either of) the sprinters up there over a t5 any day of any week.

nealglover
    Free Member

Can I keep my T4 too please 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

Would rather keep my T4, failing that a Merc vario conversion with wood burner etc would do, both will run on veg oil.

finbar
    Free Member

Well I don’t own a van, and you can all keep yours. What a happy day for van owning or not owning 🙂

scaredypants

DaveyBoyWonder – Member
    Thanks OP for letting me know I can keep my T5. Thats very good of you

Get back to it quick – it’s rolling off into the sea 😯

stumpy01

I like all these ‘sporty’ vans.

It pre-warns me who the most likely contender for ‘aggressive knob driver of the day’ is going to be on any given commute. 🙂

woody74

Off Topic, but does anyone know a good cheap source of smooth bumpers for a T5. Mine are falling to bits as the previous owner just painted over the standard rough bumpers.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Isn’t that the one Guy Martin was promoting on FB this morning? No thanks, well not until I see a 5 year old one that doesn’t have streaks of orange runnng down it’s dirty white body from every hinge

LoCo
    Free Member

I like all these ‘sporty’ vans.

If mine was any slower it’d be traveling backwards, a very relaxed drive.

Arn’t the Transits really easy to steal or something, Guy’s one was stolen the other day too, he’ll get give vans though won’t he so it’s kind of his job to promote them.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ve de-sportified mine. Had ABT splitter and silly wheels etc. Now has splitter removed and running banded 17s with fat rubber. I don’t think I’ve ever driven anything more relaxing. 65 on the motorway (even though its been reclassified) in my big captains chair etc. And theres no way I’d drive like a knob – I’d hate the thought of some sh*t on a bike coming anywhere near its immaculate, polished and waxed paintwork. Peasants…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Chris Akrigg’s Transit was nicked too, as was one of them sporty ones near me a few weeks back. Suppose gypsies need something to pull their caravans with.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘You can keep your VW T5s ……’ is closed to new replies.